Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHAT'S THE WEATHER GOING TO BE?
Look out the window 20 86.96%
Dial 411 information 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:34 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times

Advertisements

1.8C right now. Wouldn't go out in shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 02:59 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I guess since I'm a cold lover, I haven't noticed it from our side. But I've never seen a cold lover flat out tell someone that their preferences are wrong like I've seen the opposite do. Or my favorite "the only reason you like cold is because you live in FL and you've never experienced cold" regardless of the fact that I've probably experienced a colder temp than most people on this forum, and I haven't always lived in FL lol. Not to mention one of the users here (Kamsack) lives in Grand Forks, ND of all places and loves the climate there, so it obviously isn't just a "grass is always greener" scenario for all cold lovers.
Can you give an example because I fall under the palm/heat lover and honestly don't recall anyone ever doing that.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:22 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Um....pretty much any post by tom77falcons is like that.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:46 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
My shorts limit is around 15 C. Below that only when jogging (down to 12 C)... Overall I think I'm fairly badass on that stuff where I live though. Most people don jeans at 20 C, I've even experienced people close to me wearing light jackets when it's 22 C... that is just insane. We're supposed to be vikings, yet people dress like weaklings. I do like my sleeping nights warm, so I'll go to bed now in long sleeves, underneath three layers, in spite of it not even being cold in here

Old 10-20-2016, 05:54 PM

3,499 posts, read 2,787,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
My shorts limit is around 15 C. Below that only when jogging (down to 12 C)... Overall I think I'm fairly badass on that stuff where I live though. Most people don jeans at 20 C, I've even experienced people close to me wearing light jackets when it's 22 C... that is just insane. We're supposed to be vikings, yet people dress like weaklings. I do like my sleeping nights warm, so I'll go to bed now in long sleeves, underneath three layers, in spite of it not even being cold in here
Does the expression "there's no bad weather but only bad clothing" apply where you're at? I know that that's a Scandinavian thing.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:38 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
A certain moron from Philadelphia makes comments like these all the time.

OMG the US South is a **** climate because you can't grow tender palms there. Do you know what can grow in Australia?!

Two words: Who cares.

Not everyone gives a **** about growing tender palms.
I get that, but on the other hand I think the greenery is very important for a climate. I dont think the US South is that bad tho when it comes to greenery, they have pine trees and magnolias which are pretty cool, also those beautiful Cypress Trees. But obviously it's not exactly the Amazon when it comes to biodiversity I think in general the greenery turns to **** west of the Appalachians, you can really tell the difference between the Poconos and somewhere like Scranton which looks like absolute ass

Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I get that, but on the other hand I think the greenery is very important for a climate. I dont think the US South is that bad tho when it comes to greenery, they have pine trees and magnolias which are pretty cool, also those beautiful Cypress Trees. But obviously it's not exactly the Amazon when it comes to biodiversity I think in general the greenery turns to **** west of the Appalachians, you can really tell the difference between the Poconos and somewhere like Scranton which looks like absolute ass
In terms of biodiversity the southern Appalachian mountains and Alabama are 2 of the most biodiverse places out there.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Are you referring to the evergeens in the Poconos?

Old 10-20-2016, 06:43 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Are you referring to the evergeens in the Poconos?
Not sure, maybe it's because of the mountains, but the Poconos really do look nice. The greenery even 100 miles north or west looks much much worse

Old 10-20-2016, 06:47 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Not sure, maybe it's because of the mountains, but the Poconos really do look nice. The greenery even 100 miles north or west looks much much worse
Really? I haven't been to Scranton, but I have been fairly close to it (up I-380) and thought the evergreens were beautiful. Many of the evergreens in Northern NJ are dying, so it's no longer as scenic as it was even just 10 years ago. Same thing is probably happening in the Poconos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather