Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:12 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times

Advertisements

It's snowing here too and I hate it. At least it's only flurries so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 AM

555 posts, read 2,212,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
Steve, I have extremely low tolerances to cold weather or really anything below 50 degrees. therefore the only way I can possibly enjoy winter is if I am in south florida! In fact, I am so thin blooded that I actually have to wear a plastic bag over my head and face every time the temps are colder than 20, otherwise I'll likely catch frostbite and/or hypothermia.
My sympathies. The pics of Alaska are beautiful, but I too cannot tolerate the cold weather. However, I am in Central Florida where right now, the weather is perfect. Ever thought about moving to Florida?

Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Steve, I have extremely low tolerances to cold weather or really anything below 50 degrees. therefore the only way I can possibly enjoy winter is if I am in south florida! In fact, I am so thin blooded that I actually have to wear a plastic bag over my head and face every time the temps are colder than 20, otherwise I'll likely catch frostbite and/or hypothermia.
Yikes, thats crazy. I apologize, I didnt know your situation was so severe. I actually love winter, there is a crispness about it that you dont get any other time of the year. The air is sooooo fresh that its unbelievable. I just thought you were one of those people who cant stand winter because they cant find "anything to do".

Old 11-06-2007, 04:11 PM

326 posts, read 470,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
My sympathies. The pics of Alaska are beautiful, but I too cannot tolerate the cold weather. However, I am in Central Florida where right now, the weather is perfect. Ever thought about moving to Florida?
if I could have, I would have moved to (south) Florida November 1st, 2004. Not only is the weather gorgeous and sunny all 12 months a year, but from my experiences, the women in Florida are top quality. (where else can a male customer hug his waitress?!)

Old 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,239 times
Quote:
if I could have, I would have moved to (south) Florida November 1st, 2004. Not only is the weather gorgeous and sunny all 12 months a year, but from my experiences, the women in Florida are top quality. (where else can a male customer hug his waitress?!)
EEKKK where in Fla are you visiting? I just moved from SWFL after 24 years and if you think 86 year old women in bikini's being top quality then yah you might like it.. Along with hot holidays.. it was 83 last year for christmas.. Thats the norm usually... Its the only subtropical place in the US.. and dear god does it feel like it.. Come August if you don't die from the heat and humidity, you wish you had

Old 11-11-2007, 10:32 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
I'm enjoying this. Wind is about 10 mph, it's snowing and 35 degrees. Got a good roaring fire going and 4 cords of wood, cut split and stacked. Life just don't get better.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:15 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,934,948 times
I love winter! All the crazy peeps hunkered down inside. Best weather of the year for taking long walks. This evening I walked in shorts with a sweater and sweatshirt, tuque, and wool mittens. It was about 25 degrees. I'll be losing the shorts, though, when it gets down around 10. So far just a few dustings of snow. Bring it on !!!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
EEKKK where in Fla are you visiting?
As of now, I am shooting for either Lee County (Fort Myers), or Broward county (Fort Lauderdale). By the way, there are plenty of gals in south florida that are around my age. Florida is not restricted to retirees only!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
I walked in shorts with a sweater and sweatshirt, tuque, and wool mittens. It was about 25 degrees.
You are INSANE to be walking around in shorts when it is colder than 50 degrees, let alone 25 degrees! That is practically the surest way to catch hypothermia!!! I can only wear shorts if it is at least 70 outside.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
I'm enjoying this. Wind is about 10 mph, it's snowing and 35 degrees. Got a good roaring fire going and 4 cords of wood, cut split and stacked. Life just don't get better.
Nice work, but don't start your house on fire! (p.s. when was the last time you checked or cleaned out your chimney?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather