Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 09:22 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
I just got back from a vacation in San Carlos de Bariloche. Man, how I love the climate there. A lot of rain and snow, and some cold and crisp sunny days.

I was also at the base of the Cerro Catedral where the ski restort is. I skied a little though I'm really a beginner and I enjoyed plenty of snow falling and on the ground. I'll tell you more later.

Cheers,
how nice!! snow! cold and crisp sunny days!! the amazing landscape of bariloche.

At least we will have a cold week here in BA, they say wednesday low is gonna be 1c (wich i doubt since 1c is the absolute low of July including the very cold "polar wave"), so im just hoping that is true! ill be happy with highs around 10c and lows around 5c (trying to be realistic here) for at least 2 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,593,888 times
26C and sunny at the moment. Not bad for winter.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:06 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by george960 View Post
It should be a very warm day today with the temperature likely to reach about 28C. Some areas further west in southern Queensland are likely to reach 30C. I am thinking that this is going to be one of the warmest Augusts on record if this keeps up, however it will be hard to beat the incredibly warm month of August 2009. I have to admit I'm getting a bit sick of this warm weather, even though I am generally a heat lover I would prefer some cold weather in winter.

It's looking increasingly likely that this month will finish with little or no rain as well. I sure hope this crap doesn't continue past August.
It certainly is an about turn from the wet/cloudy conditions so far this year.
August last year was almost 100% dry aside from an overnight sprinkling on the 31st of the month.

BOM are still forecasting a cooler spring though:
Southeastern Australian temperature outlook

Myself? I am enjoying this early taste of summer, although as I've stated on numerous occasions, seeing a 100% clear day is a booster!

Old 08-12-2013, 02:27 AM

473 posts, read 666,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGreen View Post
It certainly is an about turn from the wet/cloudy conditions so far this year.
August last year was almost 100% dry aside from an overnight sprinkling on the 31st of the month.

BOM are still forecasting a cooler spring though:
Southeastern Australian temperature outlook

Myself? I am enjoying this early taste of summer, although as I've stated on numerous occasions, seeing a 100% clear day is a booster!
Interesting to see that they are forecasting a cool and wet spring, but personally I don't pay to much attention to those long range outlooks as I haven't been very impressed with the accuracy of them in the past. But the BOM have changed their methodology for making their outlooks recently, so maybe the accuracy has improved.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:36 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
how nice!! snow! cold and crisp sunny days!! the amazing landscape of bariloche.

At least we will have a cold week here in BA, they say wednesday low is gonna be 1c (wich i doubt since 1c is the absolute low of July including the very cold "polar wave"), so im just hoping that is true! ill be happy with highs around 10c and lows around 5c (trying to be realistic here) for at least 2 days.
Snowing in the hills of Cordoba Province, 32º of latitude, 1450 meters above sea level.

Last polar entry in BA from tomorrow?

Last edited by marlaver; 08-12-2013 at 08:15 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
I just got back from a vacation in San Carlos de Bariloche. Man, how I love the climate there. A lot of rain and snow, and some cold and crisp sunny days.

I was also at the base of the Cerro Catedral where the ski restort is. I skied a little though I'm really a beginner and I enjoyed plenty of snow falling and on the ground. I'll tell you more later.

Cheers,
photos?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 AM

The last satellital image showing, circled in black, the snow acumulated in the yesterday's event.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Least we finally get some updates from South America. Now we just need a South African poster to complete the picture

Old 08-13-2013, 01:36 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Nice photos. It's good to see somewhere is getting snow.

Still mild here, with just a light ground frost yesterday. Here are more photos from work yesterday morning, but looking in the other direction this time. A brief rumble of thunder last night.
Attached Thumbnails
Winter 2013 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-gedc0099.jpg   Winter 2013 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-gedc0100.jpg  

Old 08-13-2013, 03:04 PM

More photos of the snow in Córdoba Province. In some places were registered 40cm (16 inches).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather