Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which all expense paid for trip would you pick?
Barorw, Alaska 29 44.62%
Honolulu, Hawaii 36 55.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:34 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,266,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningrise View Post
Honolulu, of course. Summer is the season for warm weather - Canada has long enough winters that I have no desire to extend them even by a few days, especially if those few days fall during the short warm season.
the warm season is still very cold in barrow with avg high of just 8c, thats like Jaunary in London
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM

99 posts, read 107,783 times
for me barrow would be a trip of a lifetime

Old 06-21-2013, 08:43 PM

753 posts, read 837,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
the warm season is still very cold in barrow with avg high of just 8c, thats like Jaunary in London
Hence why I would not go to Barrow. Most parts of Canada are very cold for at least 5 months a year (and even the milder areas like Vancouver are still very chilly and gloomy), so I wouldn't want to have even just 5 days of cold weather in the middle of summer. Honolulu, on the other hand, has summer temperatures that are pretty nice for me (a bit on the hot side, but nothing too uncomfortable) and hotter than any Canadian city, so going there for a few days in the summer would be fine with me.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM

99 posts, read 107,783 times
what ive always said about warm or cold when your cold u can always put more clothes on but when its hot you can only take so much off then someones going to get embarrassed.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 PM

321 posts, read 1,213,894 times
Hono... Husband works there, 45 on in HI/45 off in KS. It would just be nice to be able to see him for a few days while he's at work. I miss him. If he didn't work in HI, I'd pick Barrow for the uniqueness and I enjoy the seasons. It's been in the upper 90's F in Kansas the last several days. It will only be worse in July. Barrow's temps sound perfect right now.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 AM

232 posts, read 343,618 times
Honolulu

Old 06-22-2013, 08:53 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
Why go to someplace just for the temperature, even if it's not a particularly interesting place to be? I go to Rangely, Maine in February because its beautiful and I get to snowshoe, snowmobile and ski- but if it were just cold, snowy and barren and there was nothing to experience or enjoy of substance I wouldn't bother. What's so exciting about a barren tundra even if the weather is mild? There are plenty of places I would like to visit in Alaska but Barrow is certainly not one of them.

Honolulu please- it seems like I am the only person I know who has never been to Hawaii - actually I would prefer Kaua'i

Old 06-22-2013, 09:26 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,878,721 times
Some people don't need to be engaged in activities and have fun all the time. I would enjoy Barrow precisely because of the barren, desolate atmosphere and massive open skies. I get to experience enough bustle and chaos in daily life as is.

To me, this is worth visiting much more than any crowded ski resort.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Why go to someplace just for the temperature, even if it's not a particularly interesting place to be? I go to Rangely, Maine in February because its beautiful and I get to snowshoe, snowmobile and ski- but if it were just cold, snowy and barren and there was nothing to experience or enjoy of substance I wouldn't bother. What's so exciting about a barren tundra even if the weather is mild? There are plenty of places I would like to visit in Alaska but Barrow is certainly not one of them.

Honolulu please- it seems like I am the only person I know who has never been to Hawaii - actually I would prefer Kaua'i
This is the weather forum - as far as I'm aware, other factors are not usually included in these decisions, only the weather. That is the point.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:48 PM

183 posts, read 278,198 times
Hmmmmmm...interesting poll results. Republicans going to Alaska and the Democrats going to Hawaii.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather