Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which one?
Gothenburg (nebraska) 14 53.85%
Gothenburg (sweden) 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:29 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times

Advertisements

Hmm.. I think I'll go with Gothenburg, NE for more sunshine and warmer year round. Winters can get colder but only the nights...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,506,283 times
That's a tough one. There are pros and cons with both. The winters in the midwest are colder. Even though the temperature may be the same as in Sweden the higher humidity makes it feel a lot colder. Winters here in Chicago are much more brutal than winters in Stockholm despite fact that Stockholm is much further north. There is also more snow here. On the other hand the winters in Nebraska are a bit shorter which is a huge plus.

The summers in Sweden are cooler than those in Nebraska. Whether or not that's a good thing depends on what you personally prefer. Some people, like my husband, loves heat while I prefer to be inside with the AC on hot days. Nebraska can get intolerably hot at times where being outside for any extended period of time is unbearable. Swedish summers rarely cause you to suffer from the weather. The temp usually stays in the pleasant range. However, Swedish summers are shorter and much more unpredictable. In Nebraska you can be pretty sure that you will have warm weather all summer. In Sweden there are no such guarantees. The whole summer can be crappy with mostly rain and temps on never going above the low 70's. The fact that it remains light way into the night is definitely a huge plus for Gothenburg, Sweden, though.

Gothenburg Sweden does have one major benefit over Gothenburg, Nebraska, which I think is a major one - there are no tornadoes or violent thunderstorms. For mainly that reason I would pick Gothenburg, Sweden.

I've never been to Gothenburg, Nebraska but I have been to it's Swedish namesake. After hearing a song by the band Nationalteatern I once spent a whole afternoon in Gothenburg trying to find Näckrosdammen, Vasaparken or Femmans torg. I finally found Femmans torg just to find out that it is now, years after the song I heard was made, a friggin' big indoor mall and none of the stores were selling what I wanted to buy.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 AM

3,586 posts, read 4,975,599 times
Gothenburg, NE is too extreme for me. So the Sweden one.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:43 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
I'll take Sweden

Old 07-15-2014, 11:50 AM

144 posts, read 184,853 times
Föredrar Sverige för jag hatar varma somrar.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:59 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
With high temps in the 30'sF, they both look rather cold in winter. Sweden one looks more damp and cloudy in winter. The rest of the year is much better in Nebraska for warmth and sunshine. I have to go with Nebraska for the better summer, spring, and fall.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:36 PM

2,714 posts, read 3,044,995 times
Göteborg, Sverige for sure for its more pleasant summers and longer daylight hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather