Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:35 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times

Advertisements

The average person is stupid anyway, so wherever they are going, I am moving in the opposite direction. Besides, if I was a cold loving American, I'd be encouraging even more people to move to ugly places like Yuma and Phoenix - even more of the north for myself to enjoy, especially those beautiful New England towns (how anyone could leave New Hampshire for Arizona is beyond me, regardless of the weather), and let the economically deprived and backwards south contend with 10-lane traffic jams in their suburban city nightmare.

http://d3hj244ay8zo5a.cloudfront.net...-Hampshire.jpg

vs

//pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles6272.jpg

As Owen would say.. Boke.

Last edited by nei; 10-11-2013 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 03:00 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,094,512 times
I don't really complain about the seasons often, personally. The only thing I would wish for is that we got extra snow in the winter instead of the sleet and rain that washes it away.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:30 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
The average person is stupid anyway, so wherever they are going, I am moving in the opposite direction. Besides, if I was a cold loving American, I'd be encouraging even more people to move to ugly places like Yuma and Phoenix - even more of the north for myself to enjoy, especially those beautiful New England towns (how anyone could leave New Hampshire for Arizona is beyond me, regardless of the weather), and let the economically deprived and backwards south contend with 10-lane traffic jams in their suburban city nightmare.

vs

Couldn't have said it better myself, the people who do this value warmth and sunshine over standard of living, education (schools), economy (jobs), culture, history, etc, etc. If you do this as a 70 year old with kids in their 30s and 40s then it's more understandable, but if you do this in your 30s with young kids, that's just straight up selfish in my opinion.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:33 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,800 times
For christ's sake some of you are reading so far into it it's unbelievable. Get a life. As if most warm lovers actually value warmth to the point it comes at the expense of everything else more important in life. Grow up.

With me, it's more of a dislike of cold thing than love of heat anyway. I don't want to be cold in my own home, and have to pay through my ears to have it be warm but hey ho I live in a cold climate....

Last edited by MeteoMan; 10-10-2013 at 03:49 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 03:54 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
For christ's sake some of you are reading so far into it it's unbelievable. Get a life. As if most warm lovers actually value warmth to the point it comes at the expense of everything else more important in life. Grow up.

With me, it's more of a dislike of cold thing than love of heat anyway. I don't want to be cold in my own home, and have to pay through my ears to have it be warm but hey ho I live in a cold climate....
Ditto for me!

Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

vs

Call me crazy, but I'd rather live in Arizona than in New Hampshire. I'm not going to lie, climate plays a role, but I also find it more interesting, which wouldn't be the case if it was actually devoid of history, culture, etc. Arizona is physically more diverse, with a wider range of climates, biomes, and a more interesting geography. And last but not least, California, the place I really want to live, is right next door. I don't dislike New England, but it isn't a place I'd want to live. I prefer the Sunbelt.

Parts of Arizona are cold and even snowier than parts of New Hampshire by the way lol.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 PM

513 posts, read 913,803 times
No one likes to be cold. Period. Let's see, hanging out at by a beautiful, warm beach with swaying palms and greenery all around you and having a drink OR watching King of Queens inside your house cause it's freezing outside and everything is dead?....yeah...cold weather rulez!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Let's see, going skiing with your pals (and some girls ) and go outside, ski have a great time, then come back to the ski lodge enjoy some nice hot chocolate and go back outside and enjoy the hot tub with beautiful scenery and snow versus staying inside because it's too hot to be outside and you risk heatstroke.....yeah hot weather sucks

Old 10-10-2013, 10:07 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post

Exactly! Thank you for explaining that we value being comfortable in warmth and not near freezing to death when you walk out the door. Of course we realize what is important like our job, living standards, etc. But overall I don't value walking out the door and having wind and air so cold that my nostrils freeze completely up in minutes. Who wants that.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:11 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Let's see, going skiing with your pals (and some girls ) and go outside, ski have a great time, then come back to the ski lodge enjoy some nice hot chocolate and go back outside and enjoy the hot tub with beautiful scenery and snow versus staying inside because it's too hot to be outside and you risk heatstroke.....yeah hot weather sucks

Exactly what I always thought. You cold lovers enjoy winter sports. Who doesn't. But give me a break. Who would want to spend every day with temps in the 20'sF in the daily grind of life going to work, going to the store, doing work on your house, etc. etc. Very few would. You enjoy winter sports and that is what the previous poster mentioned. You don't enjoy the bone chilling temps, you enjoy skiing. We knew it all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather