Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 09:40 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times

Advertisements

They're cooler than ideal, but preferable to muggy summer nights, plus the days are perfect. Winters are about as good as they get for a southern hemisphere city, without being too cool during the day like Ushuaia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 09:54 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
I'm surprised that Bariloche isn't colder in winter than it is. The same altitude/latitude would be colder in winter, despite being a smaller landmass/more Oceanic.

This is a tough question, It helps me realise, that I don't really have strong feelings about an ideal climate. I can't really envisage the ideal climate, without considering geography. The best climate in the world would be meaningless, if it was in a flat place, or too far inland.

That said, I might choose where I live now, or Tauranga in the North Island. Or Bateman's Bay, Coffs Harbour, or Byron Bay in Australia.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:17 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,065,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Bateman's Bay, Coffs Harbour, or Byron Bay in Australia.
Can't go wrong with these.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 AM

688 posts, read 841,364 times
Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine coast. Good mix of summer, clear skies, mild sunny winters, thunderstorms and the odd heatwave and 15C day mixed in to add variety.

Lucky for me I live in Australia, so all I have to do to access any climate ranging from snowy and windy to those that give the Middle Eastern states a run for their money is jump in a car and just drive. No border crossings, no customs, none of that rubbish.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:24 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,585,975 times
I'd choose Orange, New South Wales, pleasantly warm summers, cool winters with the odd snowfall and good precipitation spread evenly through the year.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:26 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Balmaceda, Chile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-18-2013, 11:16 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Can't go wrong with these.
Those are my short list, but anywhere from about Lakes Entrance, to the Sunshine Coast would be fine. Lots of nice little hill towns just in from the coast as well.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:18 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
This thread is obviously targeted at those who live in the northern hemisphere but of course southern hemisphere residents can weigh in too if they would like to change locations in the southern hemisphere. For this purpose, my definition of city is anywhere with more than 100,000 inhabitants.
For me, I choose Natal, Brazil

Natal, Rio Grande do Norte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CHEATER YOU STOLE MINE!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2013, 11:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
wont you miss the cold??
beare in mind that you can go an entire year without feeling the cold at all and spending all winter sweating under your beautiful coat that you wanna use despite is too hot to wear it (specially if you ride the hellish subway that features 30c temperatures in the middle of the winter and 45c in summer!)
what are talking about buenos aires is too cool all months off the year. Me encantaría ver cómo iba a reaccionar al calor de Barranquilla,Colombia!!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
what are talking about buenos aires is too cool all months off the year. Me encantaría ver cómo iba a reaccionar al calor de Barranquilla,Colombia!!
Too cool all months of the year?? are you on drugs??

yeah, cause december, january and february are "too cool", those AVERGAE lows of 20c and average highs of 30c are sure COOL by any dictionary definition!!! those 28c nights in where i go to the swimming pool are sure cool! those humid 40c heat index days are sure cool, the subway at 50c in january is sure cool. Yeah, COOL is the first word that comes to mind when i think in BA spring and summer!

Believe me, come spend a summer in BA with no a/c and cool is the last word that will ever cross your mind.

so where do you buy your dictionarys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather