U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:59 PM

2,637 posts, read 2,885,118 times

Advertisements

Ukraine has big climate variance for its territory, probably the greatest in Europe after Russia. From Southern Coast of Crimea with its Mediterranean climate to cities like Kiev and Kharkiv with humid continental climate with cold winters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 PM

2,548 posts, read 1,902,351 times
When I think of luckiest climates I think of that which have both cold climates and warm climates even thought for myself I don't like snow.

Number one has to be the US. The only thing lacking is abundance of "very warm winter" climates but there's still California. Besides the States I can think of 4 other posiblities.

Chile - Has a huge range of climates due to the length of it. But yet seems lacking something.... For example no humid subtropical???

New Zealand - Also for a small country has a great range of climates. But there's a lack of snow most places, while the north just doesn't seem as "tropical" as it should be. Sun hours are a bit low to.

Italy - Great for snowy winters in the alps and the warmth of the south in the Medditterean. But like Chile it seems to be lacking something thought hard to say what maybe subtropical?

Japan - Great for snowy winters in the north and certain areas of the central parts. The south is subtropical and the islands to the south of the main islands are even more tropical like. The only negatives are the surprisely high amount of cloudiness and the lack of any medditterean climates which seemed to be one of the most desirable climates.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 AM

11,100 posts, read 9,403,971 times
Brazil? Well if you like high humidity and rain.

Australia has the perfect weather, but I like California (namely Santa Monica - seems very temperate and mild without any extremes).

Old 11-06-2013, 08:17 AM

870 posts, read 901,933 times
The USA has a enviably diverse range of climates, it has most types of weather that I'd want to experience.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 AM

339 posts, read 720,848 times
For my tastes I would say Australia but it doesnt have large cities in its tropical climates, that's why I would prefer to live in South Florida.
And the US has the most diversity of climate in the world I suppose.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM

486 posts, read 480,354 times
I'd say Harare, Zimbabwe has a great climate:

Harare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM

234 posts, read 273,222 times
The US has definitely not all the climates of the World, as some tried to tell us in the previous posts! A climate similar to Western Europe (UK, Germany) is not found there. Even Seattle has more sunshine and drier summers...

The US has also not many climate variations since Midwest and Northeast have continental climates, getting colder and drier inland... Few cities have even a solid oceanic climate (PNW is dry in summer)...
I think Europe, as a continent, has much more variety (Mediterranean, continental, oceanic, subtropical, Subarctic...), and they are very close to each other (2 hrs flight or even less could mean a drastic change in climate, thinking of Istanbul and Munich for instance)

Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 AM

21,459 posts, read 19,249,360 times
USA, no question. It has the whole gamut of climate ranges, from tropical to desert to polar to alpine to coastal.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:36 AM

12,461 posts, read 11,433,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
USA, no question. It has the whole gamut of climate ranges, from tropical to desert to polar to alpine to coastal.

But with large swaths that are all the same version of continental.

Personally to me "lucky" would be the country with the most stable winter temps. And in that regard the US fails miserably.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:47 PM

11,100 posts, read 9,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
South Africa. Perfect mix of Mediterranean, Arid and Subtropical. No other country comes close. You could land me anywhere in South Africa and I'd rate the climate an A- at the very least:

Cape Town - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bloemfontein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Port Elizabeth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pity it's such a dangerous place. I would love to live there.
^This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather