Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like global warming?
Yes 22 42.31%
No 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM

688 posts, read 841,646 times

Advertisements

Global warming is a horsecrap scam devised by governments as yet another vehicle for slugging us of our hard earned via carbon taxes, green schemes etc.

All a disgraceful farce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,646,380 times

Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 PM

1,244 posts, read 1,295,629 times
I hate global warming, but I don't want Ice-age temps. I want the poles to cool by around 10°F, and the middle latitudes to cool by around 5°F. That's all I need.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian High View Post
I hate global warming, but I don't want Ice-age temps. I want the poles to cool by around 10°F, and the middle latitudes to cool by around 5°F. That's all I need.
Middle latitudes cooling by that much will probably cause famines and the like. Famines have a bad habit of resulting in civil wars at worst, martial law at best

Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times
2000 years ago, what is now areas where glaciers are currently receding, were then covered by forests.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
There is no question that the lows and the means have warmed over that past 50+ years. The question remains, however, as to whether not a warmer world provides a net benefit. There are pros and cons, but as far as I can tell the pros far outweigh the cons. eg. a lot more people die from extreme cold than extreme heat, and a warmer world greatly reduces the extreme cold.
Not only that, but future technologies and some present technologies can help bring rain to drier regions. It's much easier than greenhousing square miles of land if it becomes cold again. As far as we know, a warmer world led to more flora and fauna in the past. There's a lot of chicken little fearmongering and cherrypicking going on. Luckily, much of the public outside of central and northern Europe is waking up to the manmade global warming scam. Most of the people left that 'believe' in MMGW are the left-wing base of each country's center-left political party.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 PM

1,244 posts, read 1,295,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
middle latitudes cooling by that much will probably cause famines and the like. Famines have a bad habit of resulting in civil wars at worst, martial law at best
Alright 3°F.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian High View Post
Alright 3°F.
The Year Without a Summer was caused by temperature dips in the middle latitudes by 0.7°F-1.3°F. So, still looks like your wish is going to cause widespread famine and civil unrest.

Another reason why I want more global warming. That way the Boomers won't all crowd into South Florida because we have a lack of widespread tropical climates in the US unlike Australia. Lack of smart planning also is bad. When you have a small area of tropical land, and most of it is closed off to development, the smarter idea would have been to build British style, lots of terraced housing or condos, not detached houses/single family homes. Stupid, stupid

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 10-11-2013 at 09:02 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
The Year Without a Summer was caused by temperature dips in the middle latitudes by 0.7°F-1.3°F. So, still looks like your wish is going to cause widespread famine and civil unrest.

Another reason why I want more global warming. That way the Boomers won't all crowd into South Florida because we have a lack of widespread tropical climates in the US unlike Australia. Lack of smart planning also is bad. When you have a small area of tropical land, and most of it is closed off to development, the smarter idea would have been to build British style, lots of terraced housing or condos, not detached houses/single family homes. Stupid, stupid

Why isn't there a dunce cap here? One would be appropriate at this time.

All of the supposed melodrama isn't supposed to occur for decades. If your dunce cap wasn't on you would know there will be no boomers around then and most likely not you either.
What if a One World Government takes over and mankind annihilates itself before all of this gloom and doom comes to fruition?

BTW: The British didn't invent terraced housing. Other civilizations had the jump on that. Look to Spain, Italy and Greece first as their climates were more fitting for such.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:43 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,053 times
Quote:

actually I want them to crowd into miami. my dream population target for the south florida metro area is 19-22 million . Of course for that to happen they better develop a functioning public transit system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather