Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one?
London 10 16.13%
Paris 52 83.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:31 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
London for the slightly warmer winters. Why is Paris, which is basically the same, doing so much better? It is not like they are opposites in climate. Sheesh.
Well, they are practically the same, so if you like warmer summers like most people on this forum then they probably picked Paris..

I'm surprised though because a lot of people love colder winters.. more chance of cold in Paris!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:05 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Well, they are practically the same, so if you like warmer summers like most people on this forum then they probably picked Paris..

I'm surprised though because a lot of people love colder winters.. more chance of cold in Paris!

Well, I don't like cold, and that is why I picked London. Summers aren't that much diff to me, but I'd take the more modified winter climate.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't like cold, and that is why I picked London. Summers aren't that much diff to me, but I'd take the more modified winter climate.
I don't think this forum is an accurate representation of most people though.. there are a lot of cold winter lovers on here. I'm sure many more people outside of here would prefer warmer winters!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:19 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:
I don't think this forum is an accurate representation of most people though.. there are a lot of cold winter lovers on here. I'm sure many more people outside of here would prefer warmer winters!

Thank you for verifying what I have always thought. Nobody, I mean nobody, in the Philly area this winter cheered on the cold and celebrated a very cold winter like the people on here. Everyone in my office, my family, my friends, on the news, etc. etc. hated last winter. I didn't know anyone who said "geez, can we get much more of this polar air cause it ain't quite cold enough yet...."

Only on this forum where cold lovers have taken over the place. I swear that the reason there are so many on here is because most people shun them or dismiss them when they go on about how much they wish we had another ice age or that temps never went above 60F in summer.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:25 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Thank you for verifying what I have always thought. Nobody, I mean nobody, in the Philly area this winter cheered on the cold and celebrated a very cold winter like the people on here. Everyone in my office, my family, my friends, on the news, etc. etc. hated last winter. I didn't know anyone who said "geez, can we get much more of this polar air cause it ain't quite cold enough yet...."

Only on this forum where cold lovers have taken over the place. I swear that the reason there are so many on here is because most people shun them or dismiss them when they go on about how much they wish we had another ice age or that temps never went above 60F in summer.
Well here's my dream climate. Doesn't it look great? If you want snow, go to the nearby. No need for cold temperatures to bother everyone where they live.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:

It's the same on pretty much every weather forum.. most people are here because they have a weather preference.. I'm sure the average person would love it to be 25C and mostly sunny every day!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:54 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
It's the same on pretty much every weather forum.. most people are here because they have a weather preference.. I'm sure the average person would love it to be 25C and mostly sunny every day!
Well, you could have posters with a strong preference for 25°C and mostly sunny.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Well, you could have posters with a strong preference for 25°C and mostly sunny.
True.. but then on this forum especially there appears to be a strong preference for cold winters with lots of snow. I'm pretty sure this isn't reflective of society as a whole.. definitely here anyway. People are always complaining when it is cold and snowing, but then again our country grinds to a halt when it snows

Old 07-15-2014, 01:05 PM

2,672 posts, read 3,182,413 times
Quote:

The fact is that London winters are slightly warmer than Paris ones but still cool, wet, cloudy and "wintry".
Summers are better in Paris. With an average above of 20°C in July and August, its summers are not that warm but more "summery" than London's. The average London summer (18°C in July) is too weak for many warm weather lovers.
Paris has a more balanced climate in my opinion.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:28 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
The difference between January and July is the same. If London is only slightly warmer than Paris in winter, then Paris is only slightly warmer than London in July (19c average, not 18).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather