Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times

Advertisements

I would like a climate that gets a Lion's share of 60s, 70s, and 80s. With occasional 50s and 90s once in a while
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 10:56 PM

1,387 posts, read 1,188,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Seasons are highly overrated. There should be no part of the year for me that I dread and winter is that time for me. The way to truly get away from winter is to have endless summer or at least endless spring.
This. Never understood the obsession with seasons either.

#summerorbust

Old 07-04-2016, 11:13 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,493,374 times
Some people find snow to be pretty and enjoyable and like winter sports while also enjoying summer. To experience both they need seasons. Also some people find fall colors to be Beuatiful (I personally find them ugly) and therefore they want fall. Well to get fall, you need a summer and winter, so there you go. That's where people get their obsession with seasons.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:59 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Idk man give me the Mediterranean or Argentina any day of the week over a "four season" climate like Syracuse or Winnipeg. For me a climate like in Sicily or Rosario would be heaven on earth

Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 AM

3,314 posts, read 2,214,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I would like a climate that gets a Lion's share of 60s, 70s, and 80s. With occasional 50s and 90s once in a while
My hometown Santa Maria, California is nearly the perfect Climate for you.

Attached Thumbnails
Climate you envy-image.png  

Old 07-05-2016, 10:13 AM

753 posts, read 837,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatier View Post
This. Never understood the obsession with seasons either.
Not everybody likes the same weather year round, and even if they did summer isn't everybody's favorite weather.

I enjoy a few months of good warm summer weather, but then I also like to have a few months of milder weather (the kind of thing where I can wear jeans and a long-sleeve shirt comfortably outside everyday), and a few months of refreshingly cool, crisp (but not overly cold) weather, where I can wear a peacoat, scarf, and gloves outside. Can't do that if it's summer all year round.

I also greatly enjoy the differences in scenery and "feel" between the different seasons - long warm days, beautiful green scenery, thunderstorms, etc. in the summer, then milder weather with beautiful colors and shortening days during autumn, then cool, dark days in winter with the occasional snowfall and icy day, then a return to life, warmth, and blooming vegetation in the spring. Can't get most of that if it's summer all year round.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:35 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
I like to have some seasonality, I'd get bored with an endless summer, which is why I prefer subtropical climates over tropical climates. And some variety within the seasons is good as well, I wouldn't like it if temperatures remained close to average all the time, reasonable deviations are welcome, nothing extreme.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 AM

2,197 posts, read 1,493,374 times
I love summer and hot days but I would get bored of it year round. Also, if it was summer all year it wouldn't be summer and I love the different feel and mood that you get in summer and it also gives me something to look forward to. I also like snow and enjoy cold, sunny days. I hate fall but in order to have a winter and a summer, I unfortunately have to put up with it. Temperatures also need to very a lot from the averages and I find large day to day variations to be exciting no matter the season. Also, they can help with comfort such as providing a nice mild day after a summer heatwave or some warm days after a winter cold snap.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:59 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71 View Post
I love summer and hot days but I would get bored of it year round. Also, if it was summer all year it wouldn't be summer and I love the different feel and mood that you get in summer and it also gives me something to look forward to. I also like snow and enjoy cold, sunny days. I hate fall but in order to have a winter and a summer, I unfortunately have to put up with it. Temperatures also need to very a lot from the averages and I find large day to day variations to be exciting no matter the season. Also, they can help with comfort such as providing a nice mild day after a summer heatwave or some warm days after a winter cold snap.
That's the way I see winter! If I want summer I have to put up with it!

Old 07-05-2016, 11:01 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I like to have some seasonality, I'd get bored with an endless summer, which is why I prefer subtropical climates over tropical climates. And some variety within the seasons is good as well, I wouldn't like it if temperatures remained close to average all the time, reasonable deviations are welcome, nothing extreme.
That's why the US south is the best subtropical paradise! Hot long summers, warm variable shoulder seasons, mild variable winters, ample rainfall, lots of thunderstorms, hurrricanes, lush jungles, lots of sunshine, and humid! Best subtropical paradise on earth! This is my opinion before anyone attacks me and accuses me of trolling.

Last edited by muslim12; 07-05-2016 at 11:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather