Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate winter?
Yes 97 43.89%
No 124 56.11%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 10:21 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,787,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldesau View Post
I used to think so but I really don't. I think winter is really beautiful. it's just the coldness that is hard for me to stand if I have to be outside for a while and I can't stand the weather drying out my skin and hair. But I really love the winter because of the holidays and things like hot chocolate, big cozy sweaters, etc. When New year's is over... it's just like... Blah....

If anything, I would hate the summer. I think fall is my favorite, then would probably be either spring or winter. I really don't like summer one bit at all. I want to go somewhere colder during the summers
Summer is the best season of them all, after that fall and spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 10:30 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldesau View Post
If anything, I would hate the summer. I think fall is my favorite, then would probably be either spring or winter. I really don't like summer one bit at all. I want to go somewhere colder during the summers
Well, New England summers as it is are quite cool and fantastic. How much cooler do you want it if you enjoy a proper 4 season climate . Even down here, I don't think the summers are all too bad. July is very uncomfortable, but rest of the months are fairly OK with cool breaks in between. Perhaps Quebec city will be a good bet if you are willing to move into Canada.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-14-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 AM

Epic fail forecast, a f**king snowstorm tommorrow is suppose to give us 30cm plus, likely more than anywhere's else in Atlantic Canada.:rolleyes :

F**king white puke go away and don't come back. :roll eyes::roll eyes:

Old 12-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
New England summers are fantastic. My dream climate includes a combination of New England like summers with milder winters.
Summers are decent, better than my location. Winter isn't nearly as bad.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:39 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I hate hate hate winter and all that goes with it. Horrible snow and cold, freezing temperatures, runny noses, never ending shovelling, dead landscape, unsafe driving conditions, ice storms etc. I so prefer fall like weather for the winter but where I'm at that's never gonna happen.

Do you hate winter?

YES

Much less since I moved to a milder 4 season climate .however.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 AM

414 posts, read 1,095,073 times
I despise winter. Mostly insofar as the inconveniences it causes. Sure, cold temperatures suck. That's not a big deal, despite the fact that I enjoy summer attire much more than winter.. The time wasting aspects of winter are inconvenient, but not terrible. Having to plow the sidewalks and driveway sucks. Needing to warm up the car and/or defrost its windshield in the mornings, after work or after being in a store for awhile is a major time waster. I'm not a big fan of those things.

But the worst thing about winter--the one thing I despise more than any other--is driving on snowy, icy, slushy roads. If roads stayed dry or even just a little wet throughout the winters, I would be perfectly happy to suffer the rest of the inconveniences of winter. It's not even the terror of driving my small, mostly plastic car on the winter roads that bothers me most. I've been driving unfit cars on winter roads for a long time. I'm completely familiar with what my car can and cannot do and I'm respectful of those limits.

No, what terrifies me most are the other people. The ones who lack experience and common sense. Sometimes these are teens during their first winter of driving but most often it is far worse: these drivers are adults who have never lived someplace with wintery roads. These are typically the ones who think the laws of physics simply don't apply if their truck or SUV is large and expensive enough. Winter would be perfectly tolerable if the roads stayed clear of ice, snow and slush.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
YES

Much less since I moved to a milder 4 season climate .however.
I wish I could move to a milder climate.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:25 PM

2,672 posts, read 3,183,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Epic fail forecast, a f**king snowstorm tommorrow is suppose to give us 30cm plus, likely more than anywhere's else in Atlantic Canada.:rolleyes :

F**king white puke go away and don't come back. :roll eyes::roll eyes:
poor gordo!
at least New Brunswick isn't as cold as Manitoba or Saskatchewan!

Old 12-14-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar89 View Post
poor gordo!
at least New Brunswick isn't as cold as Manitoba or Saskatchewan!
That's one good thing.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:02 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,557,800 times
Sometimes it can be a breath of fresh air when you want a break from warmer temps, but after shoveling snow and ice, I'm ready for it to be March again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather