U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 09:13 AM

24,257 posts, read 22,199,771 times

Advertisements

Synop report summary

How the hell can those lows be that low? Highest low 15.4C? Ok, very low humidity, but still.

Some suggestions for new nicknames:

Total Overcast
Eternal Overcast
Overcast Gloom
Antarctic Blast
Full Antarctic Blast
Antarctic Blast Reloaded
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 09:15 AM

4,970 posts, read 5,228,043 times
That's the airport - it's a lot colder than the city stations at night.

Melbourne, Vic - Daily Weather Observations

This data is representative for the city.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:11 AM

6,504 posts, read 5,261,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weidehond View Post
Weird...melbourne has great summer weather on average compared to most of the world. Sunny and warm. Maybe this year is an exception?
On average it looks good yeah. But when one day is 40C and the next day is 19C, well that's ridiculous. Most of Europe outside of the Northern countries have far better summers IMO.

It's a shame Melbourne is so inconsistent. It looks like an amazing City.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:43 AM

731 posts, read 551,330 times
Multi-accounts are fun!

Old 12-28-2013, 11:55 AM

17,716 posts, read 10,176,907 times
Time to move? You want summer? I'll show you summer. Come to the windy city where it's been hot enough to fry an egg on the side walk.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 PM

6,919 posts, read 6,891,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast Cold View Post
I am done. I cannot stand this crap anymore. I hate summer here like hell. I am sick of the constant cold overcast mornings, the cold nights, the endless coldfronts, and every morning being socked in with cold stratus crap. This herp de derp December has felt more like September.

This isn't summer. I cannot believe summers here can be so horrific. It is ofcourse made worse by seeing everywhere else in the country getting heat and bright sunshine and thunderstorms.

I haven't seen a bolt of lightning since July.

Bring on winter. Atleast then, a lot of the country is also cold, storms are rare basically everywhere and the weather matches the season. I am so sick of wintry cold winds, overcast and cold maritime crap in what is supposed to be summer. Most nights this December have felt barely warmer than those in August, and I swear about 75% of mornings have been cold maritime overcast junk. This belongs in winter, not summer.

The models show yet more cold fronts and southerly maritime trash, to a particularly horrendous extent around the weekend of Jan 4-5. 850Temps are forecast to be as cold as 2C. Screw this, might aswell be winter.

Enjoy your goddamn summer Perffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, Shitney, Brisbane et al. I can't wait for winter. At least then the weather is pertinent to the season, there is far more excitement in terms of strong winds, hail, etc.
Make an effort to move?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:12 PM

19,750 posts, read 17,579,437 times
I think the changeable nature of a Melbourne summer, was the main feature for me. Even though it's sunnier and warmer than Christchurch and Invercargill (places I've also lived), I had that same sense of unease -the knowledge that the weather was going to turn to custard, after a spell of warm, or even very hot weather.

Climates where the cold weather comes off the sea, suck imo. The interaction between opposing weather systems is more important to me than temperature alone.

I feel your pain man.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM

22,256 posts, read 27,095,674 times
I value most things above weather - even though weather is important. Melbourne looks like Australia's most 'happening' city right now - Perth is booming, but it's too isolated and doesn't seem as cultured or sophisticated as Melbourne. I guess one place can't have it all (if consistently hot weather is what you're after).

Chin up - it's easy to ignore the weather and focus on other things. Be thankful you live in a great city with a lot going on - I'm sure the other 4 million+ residents of Melbourne do it quite easily .

If I moved to Aus, I'd pick Melbourne. Hobart would be a close second.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:44 PM

10,264 posts, read 16,929,233 times
If you hate summer, get on the next plane to Maine in the US. You won't have to put up with summer for about 7 months and then you'll want a jacket in the evenings.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:51 PM

12,283 posts, read 8,467,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
If you hate summer, get on the next plane to Maine in the US. You won't have to put up with summer for about 7 months and then you'll want a jacket in the evenings.
Did you even read the first post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather