Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,447,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
That sounds like a cool summer day by Mississippi standards, though I'm sure it felt summery since we're on the heals of winter.
The day I left Kentucky to go to Florida in January, it was 1F in the middle of the afternoon here, and then the next weekend down there the dew point was 70 with temps in the low 80s. Very weird experience, definitely felt like summer...

And because it's FL, even in the middle of winter the effect was complete with crickets chirping, which I hadn't heard in months.

Last edited by Wildcat15; 04-03-2014 at 08:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 08:08 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
The day I left Kentucky to go to Florida in January, it was 1F in the middle of the afternoon here, and then the next weekend down there the dew point was 70 with temps in the low 80s. Very weird experience, definitely felt like summer...

And because it's FL, even in the middle of winter the effect was complete with crickets chirping, which I hadn't heard in months.
Ugh, a dew point of 70 F would keep me inside all day long . High dew points = Nasty air quality. I like it cool and refreshing, like around 55 F, when one can walk around in a T shirt and feel comfortable yet refreshed . The weather for the past few days was amazing, but tomorrow the chill returns with a High of 43 and low of 30 F and a overcast drizzle.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,211,711 times
Winter Storm Warnings in Minnesota and Wisconsin:

...WINTER STORM TONIGHT AND EARLY FRIDAY ACROSS PORTIONS OF
MINNESOTA AND WISCONSIN...

.A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SOUTHWEST
MINNESOTA THROUGH EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA INTO WEST CENTRAL
WISCONSIN. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FROM 6 TO 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED...
WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS IN THE ST CROIX RIVER VALLEY. A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY BORDERS THE WINTER STORM WARNING TO THE
SOUTHEAST AND IN A FEW COUNTIES TO THE NORTHWEST WHERE SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE LESS.

WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN...MAINLY NORTH OF INTERSTATE 94...WILL
CONTINUE TO HAVE A PERIOD OF SLEET...FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW THIS
EVENING BEFORE CHANGING OVER TO ALL SNOW BY MIDNIGHT. AREAS SOUTH
OF INTERSTATE 94 IN WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN WILL LIKELY SEE PERIODS
OF RAIN...MIXED WITH FREEZING AND SLEET THIS EVENING BEFORE
CHANGING OVER TO ALL SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE NORTHWEST AND INCREASE
OVERNIGHT...WITH GUSTS 30 TO 40 MPH BY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL
TAPER OFF IN EASTERN MINNESOTA AND WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN FRIDAY
AFTERNOON.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,507,358 times
Quote:
That sounds like a cool summer day by Mississippi standards, though I'm sure it felt summery since we're on the heals of winter.
Yep it would be! I'm complaining now, but I'll be praying for this kind of weather in middle of summer!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,211,711 times
Some storms and tornadoes in the Central US today:

Quote:
(CNN) -- A powerful storm system brought drenching rains, hail and -- in a few cases -- tornadoes to a wide swath of the central United States on Thursday evening, causing damage but no known fatalities.
The National Weather Service reported a number of twisters across several states.

That includes a tornado spotted around 8:16 p.m. (9:16 p.m. ET) on the ground in St. Louis County, Missouri, near Glendale. About an hour earlier, the agency reported a "damaging" twister with quarter-size hail about 50 miles west near Washington. And a tornado was earlier reported in the Osage County community of Rich Fountain.

It was not immediately clear whether there was any related injuries or damage in any of these Missouri locales.
The weather service also reported twisters Thursday night in the southeastern Missouri community of Doniphan, as well as around Fairdealing, Kentucky, some 160 miles east.
Denton County, Texas, sheriff's office spokeswoman Sandi Brackeen said that "a tornado touched down south of Krum." Outbuildings and barns, but no known homes or commercial properties, suffered damage, said county emergency services chief Jody Gonzalez.

"We do have significant hail damage across the county -- downed tree limbs, roof and gutter damage, and busted windows," Gonzalez said, adding that some residents "took pictures of little rope tornadoes that did touch down."
Full story here:

Strong storms, tornadoes barrel through central U.S. - CNN.com

Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM

83,498 posts, read 75,223,829 times
Quote:

AFTERNOON.
I keep thinking I'll put a final list of snowfall totals together but snow keeps showing up on the map. Guess its "only" April. Might have to wait till June with the way things are going. Its like the game of frog-ger. Locations hopping past one another each week. Lol

Old 04-03-2014, 08:28 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
Our weather looks thankfully average and boring. Clear deep sky today, dew point below 30.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:37 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,447,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Ugh, a dew point of 70 F would keep me inside all day long . High dew points = Nasty air quality. I like it cool and refreshing, like around 55 F, when one can walk around in a T shirt and feel comfortable yet refreshed . The weather for the past few days was amazing, but tomorrow the chill returns with a High of 43 and low of 30 F and a overcast drizzle.
How's this for a winter day? I even volunteered to mow my uncle's grass it was so nice out.

And after that just sitting around outside in shorts drinking beer, a perfect way to say **** you polar vortex. And what's really remarkable was how warm and humid it stayed the night before, you can see it was 70F at 3am!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times
Quote:

AFTERNOON.
Yeah, I saw that. That sounds fun. I wish it were us.

I can't complain about this spring though. Not so far. I don't see anything even 70 in the forecast. The last two Aprils we saw temperatures of almost 90 degrees in the middle of the month. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it. Last year it was April 9-10, if I remember correctly. And with a nighttime low in the upper 60s, I had the most miserable experience ever trying to sleep without AC.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
How's this for a winter day? I even volunteered to mow my uncle's grass it was so nice out.

And after that just sitting around outside in shorts drinking beer, a perfect way to say **** you polar vortex. And what's really remarkable was how warm and humid it stayed the night before, you can see it was 70F at 3am!
70 F at 3 AM. Ick, that's odd here, unless we are mauled with extreme heat advisories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather