Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 11:03 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
22c my arse - it's 23 .2

even if i disregard Bergholt ,
Colchester 23.4 low elevation
Cavedish 22.9 another low elevation satation in Suffolk
Scole 22.6 low elevation 20 miles further NORTH
Levington 22.4 low elevation but right by the estuary ,understandably cooler on the hottest of days

the evidence is there m'lud
You're in the 22's buddy

Must be a real shock to the system to discover that your city is below the sacred 23C threshold. I guess it's time to relocate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 11:06 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
You're in the 22's buddy

Must be a real shock to the system to discover that your city is below the sacred 23C threshold. I guess it's time to relocate?
As if 23.2 C is soooooooooooooooooo different from 22 C.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
As if 23.2 C is soooooooooooooooooo different from 22 C.
It's a world of difference, it's like comparing Mecca to Reykjavik.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:09 AM

2,132 posts, read 1,370,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
How is that like me quoting a temperature from an estuary? The stretch of water between Portsmouth & the Isle of Wight is called the Solent, the English Channel is past the Isle of Wight. Bramblebank is right in the middle of the Solent, if anything the temperature closer to Portsmouth itself would be slightly higher...

The southern part of the north sea, especially around the Thames estuary, has warmer temperatures than the English channel during the summer, but the rest of the north sea is colder, it is also colder during the winter.
yeah , the Thames estuary is another dubious location (like the Solent) -not completely open sea - but the north sea itself i suspect around Essex coast is warmest in summer - colder in winter - makes perfect sense,
i'll have to look a few readings up - brb

Old 08-01-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You're in the 22's buddy

but it's not ,its 23 - everyone knows it's 23

there is no station at Bergholt any longer for sure - but that would have been the spot - there needs to be a central Ips site for confirmation ,but sadly not so

Old 08-01-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
It's a world of difference, it's like comparing Mecca to Reykjavik.
the sunshine stats and low rainfall make it a totally different climate in summer (and any other time ) to somewhere like Northampton or Covenrty .Never mind anyoe else even wetter/colder/cloudier - even i notice the difference when i go away

i've been told enough times by folk who have lived in both there and here .

Old 08-01-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
but it's not ,its 23 - everyone knows it's 23

there is no station at Bergholt any longer for sure - but that would have been the spot - there needs to be a central Ips site for confirmation ,but sadly not so
Levington is far more representative of Ipswich.

I know this may be difficult, your entire world view has been shattered, anyone would struggle to come to terms with that. But the fact is that you are not a member of the 23C club

Old 08-01-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
the sunshine stats and low rainfall make it a totally different climate in summer (and any other time ) to somewhere like Northampton or Covenrty .Never mind anyoe else even wetter/colder/cloudier - even i notice the difference when i go away

i've been told enough times by folk who have lived in both there and here .
If you say so

Old 08-01-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
How is that like me quoting a temperature from an estuary? The stretch of water between Portsmouth & the Isle of Wight is called the Solent, the English Channel is past the Isle of Wight. Bramblebank is right in the middle of the Solent, if anything the temperature closer to Portsmouth itself would be slightly higher...

The southern part of the north sea, especially around the Thames estuary, has warmer temperatures than the English channel during the summer, but the rest of the north sea is colder, it is also colder during the winter.
current sea temperatures off the coast here - felixstowe

https://www.seatemperature.org/europ...felixstowe.htm

18.3 Felixstowe

Portsmouth 16.7

https://www.seatemperature.org/europ...portsmouth.htm

a MASSIVE difference - Felixstowe the ONLY location in the UK to breach 18 including inland spots such as Southend and GILLINGHAM on the Medway

take a browse of this map https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uk...RxegMbvOQrNeM:

warmest UK sea in winter is off CORNWALL - respectable totals too Gallah

Last edited by TorshavnSunHolidays; 08-01-2017 at 11:34 AM..

Old 08-01-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
If you say so
you don't agree that sun stats and rainfall totals make a real difference ? and not just temperatures - and i need proof that Bergholt figures are 'made up '
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather