Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 11:58 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Put your money where your mouth is and set up a climate battle between your location and his. You'd be in for a rude awakening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
You keep arguing against yourself. We're idiots because we don't realize London is cloudier than the stats because it's farther inland, and coastal locations are sunnier, and we're idiots because we don't get that Ipswich is warmer than Levington because it's farther inland, but you still keep nagging on and on about the 1700 sun hours taken from the more coastal Levington.
you, have,to,type,like,this,for,him,to, understand,you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 11:59 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Levington, as I said was closed in 1996...
Met office still use Levington on their website. It must still be open since it uses 1981-2010 averages.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:00 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,370,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Who cares? I don't even like my own climate. I'm not the one so insecure that he feels the need to defend a 0.0000001 C difference for my own crap climate. Also, you have to be a ****wit to take someone saying your climate sucks personally.
i'm not defending minor differences though - i am proving a point .

if someone says something that isn't true i will correct them . doesn't matter about differences . It was about sea temps for your info anyway east anglia coast v channel coast - so where Ipswich comes into this or summer temps i have no idea

and anyway - i was correct - i proved it

Old 08-02-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
You keep arguing against yourself. We're idiots because we don't realize London is cloudier than the stats because it's farther inland, and coastal locations are sunnier, and we're idiots because we don't get that Ipswich is warmer than Levington because it's farther inland, but you still keep nagging on and on about the 1700 sun hours taken from the more coastal Levington.

Also, what the hell does eastern and northeastern Europe being colder than Ipswich have to do with the fact that the statement "Ipswich is the driest in Europe north of the med"??? So what they're colder lol, doesn't make your statement any less moronic. Also, the black sea is warmer and much drier than Ipswich.
forget Levington even exists - that 1700 line stretches inland a fair way - Stowmarket is 22 miles inland and still registers 1700 = so wtf has Levington got to do with this ?

the europe rainfall map - i was concentrating on France/UK/SWitz/Spain as it is an oceanic climate here - places far out east are colder more continental and are drier by default - they are different climates altogether dawg

Old 08-02-2017, 12:05 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
i'm not defending minor differences though - i am proving a point .

if someone says something that isn't true i will correct them . doesn't matter about differences . It was about sea temps for your info anyway east anglia coast v channel coast - so where Ipswich comes into this or summer temps i have no idea

and anyway - i was correct - i proved it
No one really cares. You're the only whose so head over heels about your own climate that it doesn't come across as genuine. Actually comes across as rather pathetic.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
But neither of those are actually Ipswich are they... Plus those East Bergholt figures are from 1971-2000 period & are referenced from the KNMI website, which is a third party site that can have errors. The weather station is still in operation by the way, run by the UK Met Office & having manual readings taken, it is nothing to do with the Dutch Met Office...

Levington, as I said was closed in 1996...

Scole was only in operation frpm 1971 to 1980...

Cavendish began recording in 1974 & is still in operation...

Wattisham began recording in 1959 & is still in operation...
well they need a few more weather stations flaming - theres not much i can do about that dawg .

what ican say is that 23c is pretty much the standard for these parts at low elevation though - and higher up its 22.4 etc ,coastal can be as low as 21.5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writtle#Climate

this is an inland site eastern area - would give you a rough idea 1981 - 2010 , it's the closest temp you'll get for Ip despite it being 30 miles away

Old 08-02-2017, 12:11 PM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Met office still use Levington on their website. It must still be open since it uses 1981-2010 averages.
Nope, from their own database it closed in 1996... They must have used estimated averages for up to 2010, they did the same for Gravesend, which also closed before 2010...

Old 08-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
No one really cares. You're the only whose so head over heels about your own climate that it doesn't come across as genuine. Actually comes across as rather pathetic.
I was talking about sea temperatures off the north sea coast

i think PORTSMOUTH has the best UK climate and my favouriote above 46'

Lugano ,La Rochelle are my favourites - better still at 46'

Ipswich would be my favourite north of 51'

are we settled on that ?

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-02-2017 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 08-02-2017, 12:49 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
I think Australia has some brilliant climates including your own city - i even love Melbournes climate - very much maligned ,Austl has some of the very best although some i'm not as keen on ,such as Perth /Cairns/Darwen etc - it's a huge area --- i've said as much to NZ Joe though that i hate the idea of wearing gunk every time i go out for 6 months a year because of high UVs - that's why i like summers in places such as Sweden - ireally think Sweden and Canada get a great deal like that
Sunblock isn't a necessity here for most people - I only wear it for skiing and water activities.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
But that sea breeze in Felixstowe is coming off the cold north sea. In Portsmouth any sea breeze isn't actually that cold, the Solent can easily get up to around 20C during the summer. Also Portsmouth being a city is very built up, so as soon as you are away from the seafront the breeze is cut off because of all the buildings. It can feel very warm during the summer & of course minimum temperatures are comparable to central London, so it is nice sitting outside into the early hours of the morning
'The Solent can get up to 20c' - and the bays and estuaries round here can reach 20.5 or 21 ?

where will this all end ?

we will be overtaking Majorca's sea temps at this rate ja
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather