Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 03:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times

Advertisements

Florida is quite sultry early in the morning, which is uncomfortable for men getting ready for work.

Women don't have the same problems as their bodies have more efficient cooling mechanisms and never really sweat much.

I think dress codes for guys need to include short sleeves in Florida. I have had it with wearing long sleeve oxfords and ties everyday in humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 03:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,106,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Cloudy is one description I would never choose for Florida, but I guess it depends on where you live, i.e., the weather in Naples is very different from Jacksonville, and I've lived in or near both cities.

I think the reason many people complain about the hot & humid summers is because of the monotony, at least that's what got to me after several years. I lived most of the past 20 years in Lee County. Watching the weather on TV, I noticed the summers weren't any hotter than in most northern cities, but the humidity and dew points stayed so high most nights that there was no relief. If you're here 365 days a year, then it becomes the same ol' same ol' after a while.

I guess if someone like yours truly doesn't want to be a snowbird (or cannot afford to maintain 2 homes) the decision to make when you retire is "Do I want to be cold and miserable for 3 to 4 months every year or do I want to be hot and miserable for 3 to 4 months every year?"
Or if you are willing to learn spanish you can live quite cheaply and extremely comfortable in Medellin,Colombia. It's never hot and never cold, always warm. highs in the low 80s and lows in the lower 60s. it sits at 5,000ft above sea level so it is cooler than a typical tropical climate.

you can't tell me that's not awesome. it has modern public transit and has a major international airport with non stop flights to the usa. I honestly couldn't think of a better place for americans to retire overseas especially once you consider how pro-american the government and people are.

Last edited by miamihurricane555; 05-15-2014 at 04:30 PM..

Old 05-15-2014, 04:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
Or if you are willing to learn spanish you can live quite cheaply and extremely comfortable in Medellin,Colombia. It's never hot and never cold, always warm. highs in the low 80s and lows in the lower 60s. it sits at 5,000ft above sea level so it is cooler than a typical tropical climate.

you can't tell me that's not awesome. it has modern public transit and has a major international airport with non stop flights to the usa. I honestly couldn't think of a better place for americans to retire overseas especially once you consider how pro-american the government and people are.
Hmm, I think Mexico has Colombia rivaled pretty good in that regard

Old 05-15-2014, 06:57 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,106,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Hmm, I think Mexico has Colombia rivaled pretty good in that regard
Mexico is a lot more dangerous than colombia not to mention that mexico is too far from the equator to have the same temperature year round. The annual temperature range in medellin and most of colombia is 1c while Mexico's city closest to the equator Tuxtla Gutiérrez still has an annual range of 5c. I'm also not just comparing countries. I'm saying the best city in colombia for americans. My reasons for thinking so is because it has the 2nd biggest airport in colombia so it's easy to find flights to the USA plus it is the most inovative city on the planet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF4PvIht0p4

Old 05-16-2014, 03:12 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,548,232 times
I wonder if climate change is making Florida weather hotter ? It's true we didn't even have much of a winter at all this year, while it seemed other states were having a brutally cold and snowy one.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post

I think I will stick to fab Florida.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
A thread for discussing all things about Florida weather and climate.
Ok well I personally love Florida. I could see myself living there in the summer but not in the winter. I want to have my snow and cold not boring hot weather year round.

Love the HOT rain in the thunderstorms but the thunderstorms are electrically terrifying!

Old 05-16-2014, 04:43 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Ok well I personally love Florida. I could see myself living there in the summer but not in the winter. I want to have my snow and cold not boring hot weather year round.

Love the HOT rain in the thunderstorms but the thunderstorms are electrically terrifying!
Live in Upper Michigan in the winter for mondo snow and Florida in the summer for the heat. If you wish to just have "hot rain," you should consider the Keys, as they rarely get the electrical storms that central FL gets.

Personally, I like my lightning, I've even been "kissed" by it.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:52 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,473,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronski View Post
I'm curious about going to southeast Florida in summer. I wonder how it would feel compared to Tangerang.
based of of the accuweather averages for tangerang, with its hottest month at 88F with high humidity, Miami also has its hottest month in the upper 80s with high humidity, so they are the same

Old 05-16-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Live in Upper Michigan in the winter for mondo snow and Florida in the summer for the heat. If you wish to just have "hot rain," you should consider the Keys, as they rarely get the electrical storms that central FL gets.

Personally, I like my lightning, I've even been "kissed" by it.
I'll see what the storms are like. But I do remember them being bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather