Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 09:54 AM

2,132 posts, read 1,369,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
3 C is a very noticeable difference. Having a 36 C average high here in July/August instead of 33 C would make a huge difference. Same with having a 30 C average high as opposed to 33 C. I think you're downplaying that difference too much tbh.
I am not used to wild swings in temp - it can be the same temp here for weeks and weeks on end - so when i say that 3c isn't much - believe me, 3c isn't that much .

Old 06-22-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
In the Islands & especially in coastal areas the temperatures drop very slowly. It doesn't happen every night obviously, but it isn't unusual for it to still be 32C at midnight, then temperatures drop away by dawn to the minimum. The warm sea temperatures in the central & eastern Med during the peak of summer are what cause this...
yeah i can understand that FG , impression i get then is that 32c is very,very rare at midnight in mainland Europe away from the islands .

Paris a new record for 49N in Europe i'd guess -UHI obvioulsy plays a part i know too

Old 06-22-2017, 09:59 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
I am not used to wild swings in temp - it can be the same temp here for weeks and weeks on end - so when i say that 3c isn't much - believe me, 3c isn't that much .
In terms of average highs it's a pretty big difference. So you mean to tell me you wouldn't notice the difference between Chicago and Atlanta during the summer?

Old 06-22-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
That tube must be a nightmare though, during 30C+ weather.
i'd imagine so - but i'd sooner walk - most of those tube stops are a few metres apart - nice walk through the parks and stop for a beer - what could be nicer ?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
In terms of average highs it's a pretty big difference. So you mean to tell me you wouldn't notice the difference between Chicago and Atlanta during the summer?
i would notice after a while for sure - but it's the hyberbole with Aussies (theyre worse than the American stereotype lol ) - you'd think the difference was 10c or more - gullable Brits take it all in of course .

Only thing i'm aware of is if you stay outside too long,the high UV will burn your face off .

Lovely

Old 06-22-2017, 10:03 AM

13,483 posts, read 9,024,194 times
Quote:
yeah i can understand that FG , impression i get then is that 32c is very,very rare at midnight in mainland Europe away from the islands .

Paris a new record for 49N in Europe i'd guess -UHI obvioulsy plays a part i know too
Yes rare on mainland Europe, apart from in heatwaves, but not rare at all in the Mediterranean Islands.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:06 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
Quote:
i would notice after a while for sure - but it's the hyberbole with Aussies (theyre worse than the American stereotype lol ) - you'd think the difference was 10c or more - gullable Brits take it all in of course .

Only thing i'm aware of is if you stay outside too long,the high UV will burn your face off .

Lovely
Fair enough, I get what you're saying. I'm thinking about it from my perspective. I couldn't imagine having 36 C average highs as opposed to 33 C like here, we would have a million more 38+C days and probably would never drop below 32 C (in terms of highs) from June - September.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:20 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Don't listen to B87 Tom, I used to surf in Cornwall and have spent a lot of time there, the weather is NOT constantly rainy or cloudy, in fact be prepared to be surprised, Cornwall is very beautiful and you will find it hard to believe its actually part of the UK. If you like rugged countryside, clear seas, beautiful sandy beaches and charming fishing villages you will love it. Downside is that it is very busy in the summer months and the opposite in the winter months! I prefer North Cornwall for the surf the south is a bit more sheltered, it is usually a bit cooler that side of the country because of the proximity of the sea no matter where in Cornwall you are but the temperature should be rather pleasant (as somebody who camped there for weeks at a time I would say be a bit careful of the sun because the breeze will mean that sunburn can catch you by surprise, again I wonder if it has something to do with the proximity of the sea but I have been caught out a few times). Finally whatever the weather have a great time.

That is what I'm talking about. I have seen pics of the long sandy beaches and clear seas combined with great British culture. I'm not looking for hot sticky weather. Pleasant average temps to sit outside a pub and have a drink and some good food. Walk around the beaches and hills. Looks lovely. Have always wanted to go to that part of England. I was just looking at fantastic train deals from London to Penzance. 6 hour train ride though but not very expensive.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:24 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I think the southern Cornwall coast is nicer than the northern one.
Me too based on pics I've been looking at.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:24 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,815,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Here's a July that was poor in the first half and much warmer in the 2nd half:

Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de London (UK)
Ironically, the "poor" first half has above average temperatures and average sunshine. So you're finally admitting that London has rubbish summers?

Dropped yourself in it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather