Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 09:21 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times

Advertisements

Yeah, heavy rain and cool temps here as well. It's the third day in a row where we are around 12-13c max (which is our average LOW for the period - Actually, I didn't realize our average low was so high for these days).

I have started wearing pile fleeces, also because heating has not started yet in most public places. As I speak there is super strong wind with rain, feels like St John's, Newfoundland !

Jeez, 27-28c in Naples is not bad either.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:42 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,443,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Yeah, heavy rain and cool temps here as well. It's the third day in a row where we are around 12-13c max (which is our average LOW for the period - Actually, I didn't realize our average low was so high for these days).

I have started wearing pile fleeces, also because heating has not started yet in most public places. As I speak there is super strong wind with rain, feels like St John's, Newfoundland !

Jeez, 27-28c in Naples is not bad either.
Yesterday and today we had highs of about 8.0-8.5°C, while the average low for October is 9.1°C for the same weather station. Luckily we don't have any limitation on the periods in which we can heat our house, because we are in a mountainous area. Which means that I pass a lot of time next to a warm radiator

On this Turin is probably more similar to Bologna instead, usually they have to wait until the 15th of October (tomorrow) for switching their heating plants on. I think that they made a real rule about this because of the pollution issues that the city has during the winter, probably they wanted to avoid the use of heating plants when they were not necessary.
Anyway, for some reason my university started to heat some building yesterday, so there are probably some exceptions to this rule. Talking about Turin, the high temps in the last two days have been in the 10-11°C range over there.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:50 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times
I have had heating at home since tuesday, but yesterday I spent two hours at the library and I felt really cold after a while.

This heavy rain with wind and thunder can be annoying to some, but that's still miles better than the usual @#££^! foggy damp white-sky calm weather we get during cold days in the fall.

At least it's entertaining.

Also, do you think Italians tend to overheat at home ? I don't know anyone who welcomes fall and winter with joy here. Everyone talks about it like we're living in Norils'k or something, and complains if it's just 2c below average on a given day.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:13 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,443,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I have had heating at home since tuesday, but yesterday I spent two hours at the library and I felt really cold after a while.

This heavy rain with wind and thunder can be annoying to some, but that's still miles better than the usual @#££^! foggy damp white-sky calm weather we get during cold days in the fall.

At least it's entertaining.

Also, do you think Italians tend to overheat at home ? I don't know anyone who welcomes fall and winter with joy here. Everyone talks about it like we're living in Norils'k or something, and complains if it's just 2c below average on a given day.
About the overheating, it is quite true, in particular in apartment buildings with a central heating or in some public places. Usually in these cases the most cold-sensitive person involved wins, and the whole building gets 25°C all over the day in the middle of December.

Here at my home we usually keep the temperature at about 20°C, and even less during the night. Also, my dad is one of those rare people in here who prefer cold temperature to the high ones, he complains for the heat from late May to September and he stops more or less now. I'm the exact opposite instead, I really don't like cold weather and I already started to wear wool hat and scarf in the morning when I leave home.

Anyway, considering the people that I know around my place, I would not say that the most of them would complain for 2°C below the average (not sure about me ). Actually, the most of people talking about weather I heard in these days, or people who posted weather news on facebook I read, were exited for the first snow in the towns at the highest altitude in my valley (Sestriere, Bardonecchia etc..., some posts were about Montgenèvre too).

In Turin instead I think that winter and cold fall days are much worse that in here, I don't like the "foggy damp white-sky calm weather" at all neither.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:24 AM

87 posts, read 64,608 times
dmi:s long-term forecast indicates a cold winter.

https://www.gp.se/nyheter/sverige/pr...ntar-1.3866293

Old 10-14-2016, 10:46 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Hot & very humid here as well, my low last night was 24.8C & high today was 29.3C. Very high dewpoints again too, as high as 25.5C here & 26C at the Met Office station in Msida this afternoon...

Old 10-14-2016, 11:43 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
High today: 3.8C. Brr.....

What a Climate fail.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:21 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

What a Climate fail.

Wow. Any snow/sleet?

Not many places in the Eastern US can see 4 C highs this time of year except for the northern tier. I guess we're not such a climate fail after all.

Though, 4 C is about an ideal October high.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:25 PM

29,523 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

What a Climate fail.

Models aren't showing any warmer temps

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/statu...70820820295680

Old 10-14-2016, 12:27 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
Looks like average temps for the 2nd half of October. The month will probably end up average or slightly below.
London weather forecast 14 days - Rain risk - Wind direction - HDD CDD

We haven't seen and probably won't see 20c this month, which is unusual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather