Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 07:38 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Well I'm not wrong because the official data for Spain comes from AEMET stations which are all listed on the AEMET website & the standard period used is 1981-2010, 30 years of data not 20 & certainly not just 3-4 years, so no the average October maximum is not 26.1C.

We only use official sources on here, not amateur stations, which is what is on the AVAMET website
Hey man, why are you still determined to disparage other's word and contradicting data you don't even know about?

1. I've told you that it's not Alicante city it's ALTEA city.

The standard period for Aemet is 1981-2010, yes, but I've told you that 1990-2016 is what appears on AVAMET, because aemet has no stations in Altea. 25 years are enough years to be considered as an average, and the average is 26,1ºC, I've only shown you the last 3-4 years in nearby places to see an example, because you can't see Altea's station and averages unless you're a signed user on Avamet... it wasn't hard at all to understand...

AVAMET are not amateur stations, many are, but many others are from their own. Like the one which is close to me. No one doubts on your data, I don't care, I don't even doubt on it. Besides, I don't understand your determination to talk about places or climates which you have a little idea or no idea at all. It's a bit of funny... And about what is amateur or not, bro, you're not a WMO judge to tell which data is amateur or not.

EDIT: Now I understand why you argue with many other users. You talk about what you don't know and you also want to be right. You know what? Whatever you say, dude. , if you're happy... me too!

Last edited by ase42dv; 10-19-2016 at 08:04 PM..

Old 10-20-2016, 05:32 AM

29,523 posts, read 19,620,154 times
CFSv2 did a pretty good job forecasting the warm anomalies for the US this October... But a complete bust in Asia and Europe

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/s...26279939854336

Old 10-20-2016, 07:31 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Hey man, why are you still determined to disparage other's word and contradicting data you don't even know about?

1. I've told you that it's not Alicante city it's ALTEA city.

The standard period for Aemet is 1981-2010, yes, but I've told you that 1990-2016 is what appears on AVAMET, because aemet has no stations in Altea. 25 years are enough years to be considered as an average, and the average is 26,1ºC, I've only shown you the last 3-4 years in nearby places to see an example, because you can't see Altea's station and averages unless you're a signed user on Avamet... it wasn't hard at all to understand...

AVAMET are not amateur stations, many are, but many others are from their own. Like the one which is close to me. No one doubts on your data, I don't care, I don't even doubt on it. Besides, I don't understand your determination to talk about places or climates which you have a little idea or no idea at all. It's a bit of funny... And about what is amateur or not, bro, you're not a WMO judge to tell which data is amateur or not.

EDIT: Now I understand why you argue with many other users. You talk about what you don't know and you also want to be right. You know what? Whatever you say, dude. , if you're happy... me too!
I am stating a fact that the AVAMET website is for amateur weather stations, it is no different to using a station from Wunderground. They are NOT official AEMET weather stations, so the data is not official.

We only use references to OFFICIAL climate data on here, if you don't like that then tough.

And you are the one arguing "buddy", I am simply stating facts, which you for some strange reason cannot acccept

Old 10-20-2016, 08:22 AM

29,523 posts, read 19,620,154 times
https://twitter.com/WxCoEuroEnergy/s...06857319272449

Old 10-20-2016, 08:35 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Does anybody know if the Daily Mail come out with any of their usual ridiculous 'new Ice Age coming this winter' headlines yet this Autumn? They promised us Arctic conditions last year AND the year before that (probably the year before that too) and I am still waiting for it to materialise!

Old 10-20-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Does anybody know if the Daily Mail come out with any of their usual ridiculous 'new Ice Age coming this winter' headlines yet this Autumn? They promised us Arctic conditions last year AND the year before that (probably the year before that too) and I am still waiting for it to materialise!
Daily Mail does that? The same here in Spain , last year's winter was warmer than normal in overall Spain but I've seen in Facebook by November 2015 lots of publications where they stated that "we are about to get a colder and a wetter winter" while the last winter was really dry compared to the normal average and the temperatures were about 1ºC above the normal...

Old 10-20-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
CFSv2 did a pretty good job forecasting the warm anomalies for the US this October... But a complete bust in Asia and Europe

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/s...26279939854336
Yup! now this map seems normal to me. The one from the bottom right corner shows it good.
Funny tho, because all of central, central-northern and central-eastern Europe were significantly warmer than normal in August and September, now October is colder... crazy climate

Old 10-20-2016, 10:57 AM

87 posts, read 64,608 times
^^

indeed. gothenburg had its 2nd warmest september ever, and now october is turning into a cold month. must be highly unusual when you consider its oceanic lag.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:03 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flugsmallare View Post
^^

indeed. gothenburg had its 2nd warmest september ever, and now october is turning into a cold month. must be highly unusual when you consider its oceanic lag.
Interesting. This was only the 8th warmest September since 1961 in Turku.

But October will definitely be colder than average. And drier, if some weird monsoon doesn't hit. Still not a single drop of rain this month.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:07 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,575,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Daily Mail does that? The same here in Spain , last year's winter was warmer than normal in overall Spain but I've seen in Facebook by November 2015 lots of publications where they stated that "we are about to get a colder and a wetter winter" while the last winter was really dry compared to the normal average and the temperatures were about 1ºC above the normal...
Yeah, it's the same story every year since a long ago, just because of our yellow media coverage trying to alarm us all the time.
Anyway, as you come from such gloomy but also lovely small country, how do you deal the climate of Altea area? It's so different to Rotterdam one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather