Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,780 times

Advertisements

Asian air pollution strengthens Pacific storms

By Rebecca Morelle, Global science correspondent, BBC News

How can people live in this? I remember how miserable I felt growing up in Smogville in the '50s.

Quote:
Researchers have found that pollutants are strengthening storms above the Pacific Ocean, which feeds into weather systems in other parts of the world.

The effect was most pronounced during the winter.
Read the story @ BBC News - Asian air pollution strengthens Pacific storms

Last edited by nei; 04-15-2014 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: political comments are off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 AM

242 posts, read 262,301 times
Asian air pollution strenghens pacific storms.

Biggest load of crap I've heard in a while. These global warming alarmists all need to be shot in the head. Herp de ****ing derp

Old 04-15-2014, 08:52 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post

Biggest load of crap I've heard in a while. These global warming alarmists all need to be shot in the head.
T.H.A.N.K ... Y.O.U

The best is... it's gotten to a point where I think the general public are realizing how idiotic they are, how money grubbing they've become, and how unintelligent they sound. Finally.

Like a kid screaming who needs attention. These alarmists need to pick up a book!.

twitter.com/GalileoMovement/status/445511824767590400

Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Why is this absurd? Aersols (particles from cloud formation) affect cloud formation. This effect sounds plausible.

Apparently this sounds unintelligent and absurd to you, even though this study was done scientists who have a familiarity with the topic. Perhaps you could actually give an intelligent counter-arguement instead of name-calling, which just sounds idiotic.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:08 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
One volcano releases more pollutants into the atmosphere that mankind has done since time began. I think we should cap off all volcanos or at least charge Mother Nature for the carbon footprint they cause. Or better yet, let's sacrifice Al Gore to the volcano Gods to make them quit erupting.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Why is this absurd? Aersols (particles from cloud formation) affect cloud formation. This effect sounds plausible.

Apparently this sounds unintelligent and absurd to you, even though this study was done scientists who have a familiarity with the topic. Perhaps you could actually give an intelligent counter-arguement instead of name-calling, which just sounds idiotic.
Saying its causing climate change? I think you're more intelligent than that.
I suggest you start reading what other scientists have researched and post here your findings that climate has always changed with or without these claims.

I wonder if that California heat/dought was still the biggest American news story of the winter. Jumped the gun on that one huh.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:33 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,800 times
I cleaned out the dust from my old bedroom a few weeks ago. I released it out of the window, on a clear sunny day, and just 10 minutes later a black cloud formed directly overhead, and it rained like cats and dogs. Next time, I just put the dust in a plastic bag.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:44 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post

Biggest load of crap I've heard in a while. These global warming alarmists all need to be shot in the head. Herp de ****ing derp
Do you have proof that it doesn't? Instead of being violent, which many GW deniers seem to be these days, why not show us proof that the article is false.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 AM

610 posts, read 1,101,279 times
Kinda reminds me of the effects of volcano on the world climate. One of the most notable cases was the 1815 eruption of Mount Tambora in Indonesia. It was one of the main reasons 1816 was dubbed "The Year Without a Summer". A snowstorm hit Quebec in June and frost happened in the Hudson river in June as well. Crops died out and some people died due to the unexpected cold weather.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM

242 posts, read 262,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Do you have proof that it doesn't? Instead of being violent, which many GW deniers seem to be these days, why not show us proof that the article is false.
Oh for ****s sake. I mean REALLY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather