U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 08:57 AM

21,214 posts, read 13,677,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
So only this obscure place where you live in Florida has this phenomenon John?
None of you here understand what a reverse west windflow is. Lets make it simple.

My normal summertime pattern was a southeast windflow with the axis of the high north of the Tampa area giving us a southeast windflow that would meet up with the west coast sea breeze BOOM we get lift just east of Tampa as showers build and move TOWARDS THE WEST COAST WHERE I LIVE. This was the normal pattern until the mid 80's. Due to massive ice melt, sub surface sea temps have displaced the summertime ridge to the south

Now the pattern has been a reverse summertime pattern, AKA what i call a reverse west windlfow. That means the axis of the high is south of the Tampa area giving us a west wind day and nite dwight. With that pattern showers build just east of my house, and i am right on the gulf AND MOVE AWAY FROM ME toward the east coast. With nasty gulf water temps around 90f it is s steam bath from hell mel day and nite with 100% sunshine and showers missing me to the east day after day.

No i do not see highs in the 100's, but have had lows in the mid 80's. And FL is not the hottest on Temps pimps. But i have about the most boring weather in the U.S. jess, can't even get a hurricane jane. Winters have warmed up so much since 1990, falls have been blazing hot the last 8 years we see 90's year round in the state nate.

The next 30 years will be even worse and past 70 years many living things will start to die off, past 120 years it is over rover. Hope you live enough to know i was right dwight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 09:22 AM

5,702 posts, read 3,183,970 times
Worst climate in the world is Tarpon Springs, FL.

I’ve heard that town from hell has 85F dews and 90F lows year round, pound. Who would want to live in a place that has had no rain since the eighties? Not me, mcghee.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:27 AM

12,581 posts, read 7,619,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
None of you here understand what a reverse west windflow is. Lets make it simple.

Blah...etc...

The next 30 years will be even worse and past 70 years many living things will start to die off, past 120 years it is over rover. Hope you live enough to know i was right dwight.
So a reverse west windflow is just something you have made up?

Maybe you should alert the NOAA/National Weather Service about this strange micro-climate that envelops your back yard? I'm sure they could send a fleet of scientists & meteorologists to take measurements for you Stu...

Old 06-02-2019, 09:28 AM

3,530 posts, read 910,158 times
Quote:
Not even close to my hell like boring and hot weather heather.
There aren't even any thunderstorms at all in summer in Dubai unlike Florida.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:30 AM

5,702 posts, read 3,183,970 times
Quote:

Maybe you should alert the NOAA/National Weather Service about this strange micro-climate that envelops your back yard? I'm sure they could send a fleet of scientists & meteorologists to take measurements for you Stu...
“Reverse West Windflow” is Tampa’s normal seabreeze, mr mc cheese.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Nothing made up pup. You as well as AJ don't understand how the axis of high pressure will change the summer time pattern in FL. If the axis is north of Tampa we get a southeast flow bro, if the axis is south of the Tampa area we get a west wind all day ray. Nothing to make up , it is as simple as 1 2 3 dee. I am sure you don't know even know what the axis even means jean to even bother with you anymore gore.

Anyone with a head fred should understand the winds around a high are clockwise, so if the axis is north of you you will get a east wind jen and it if is south of you you will get a west wind.

Not sure why the two of can't put 2 and 2 together magoo. If you don't live in FL then i don't expect you would even know what the devil i am talking about.

I am gonna take a napster and sleep thru this hell like nasty day with a reverse west windflow sucking the life of me whenever i step outside clyde. Plus it is not just my front yard since it faces to the west it is half the west coast of FL. Look at the radar for FL from Sat and see how showers built inland of me 60 miles and moved away jay toward the east coast. Anyone with a brain jane would understand.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
“Reverse West Windflow” is Tampa’s normal seabreeze, mr mc cheese.
Wrong like always. Normal sea breeze is with with a southeast flow, heated air will rise and allows cooler air from the gulf to rush in under. Anyone that knew weather would know that. Proves he knows nothing about how a sea breeze works kirk. Can't have a sea breeze 24/7 out of the west.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
There aren't even any thunderstorms at all in summer in Dubai unlike Florida.
Well there is none where i live most of the time also, but in winter.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:58 AM

12,581 posts, read 7,619,148 times
Quote:
Nothing made up pup. You as well as AJ don't understand how the axis of high pressure will change the summer time pattern in FL. If the axis is north of Tampa we get a southeast flow bro, if the axis is south of the Tampa area we get a west wind all day ray. Nothing to make up , it is as simple as 1 2 3 dee. I am sure you don't know even know what the axis even means jean to even bother with you anymore gore.

Anyone with a head fred should understand the winds around a high are clockwise, so if the axis is north of you you will get a east wind jen and it if is south of you you will get a west wind.

Not sure why the two of can't put 2 and 2 together magoo. If you don't live in FL then i don't expect you would even know what the devil i am talking about.

I am gonna take a napster and sleep thru this hell like nasty day with a reverse west windflow sucking the life of me whenever i step outside clyde. Plus it is not just my front yard since it faces to the west it is half the west coast of FL. Look at the radar for FL from Sat and see how showers built inland of me 60 miles and moved away jay toward the east coast. Anyone with a brain jane would understand.
I think you should have a nap chap

Old 06-02-2019, 10:18 AM
B87

11,786 posts, read 9,012,465 times
A reverse west windflow is just a westerly then. There is nothing 'reverse' about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather