U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 11:06 AM

11,584 posts, read 7,809,000 times

Advertisements

Deadliest natural phenomenons

- Hurricanes
- Tornadoes
- Mudslides
- Earthquakes
- Reverse west windflows
- Tsunamis
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 11:13 AM

1,981 posts, read 1,184,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Sorry I completely disagree with you. I can't think of anywhere in the world that could possibly be worse or as depressing as Seattle. Awful climate.
if gloomy/rainy climates is what you hate than SE Alaska / coastal BC is worse than Seattle area. For instance:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchikan,_Alaska#Climate

Old 06-02-2019, 11:19 AM

8,358 posts, read 10,460,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
if gloomy/rainy climates is what you hate than SE Alaska / coastal BC is worse than Seattle area. For instance:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchikan,_Alaska#Climate
Not really. See his post in the same thread before he became a Seattle hater.

//www.city-data.com/forum/34501719-post30.html

Old 06-02-2019, 11:27 AM

12,581 posts, read 7,619,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Not really. See his post in the same thread before he became a Seattle hater.

//www.city-data.com/forum/34501719-post30.html
Are you a Seattle "lover"?

I'm sorry if my disliking the climate where you live upsets you so much, but it is my personal opinion. It is my view currently that region of the world with the worst climate is Seattle

Old 06-02-2019, 11:29 AM
B87

11,786 posts, read 9,012,465 times
I think that was in response to the clearly obvious trolling from Botev over the years, with gems such as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The better question would be WILL London reach 27C this summer and if yes how many times - 2, 3 or 5.
From a previous thread asking when our first 80F day will occur.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:41 PM

3,530 posts, read 910,158 times
As for myself, I thought of all the obvious places, you know such as Antarctica, the Sahara Desert, etcetera. But something kept bothering me. There was this place that records just minutes of sunshine in winter, with a permeating, constant sideways drizzle for six months. Yet amazingly it was below the 50th parallel, and was named Seattle. So that's my nomination.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:42 PM

152 posts, read 55,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Nothing made up pup. You as well as AJ don't understand how the axis of high pressure will change the summer time pattern in FL. If the axis is north of Tampa we get a southeast flow bro, if the axis is south of the Tampa area we get a west wind all day ray. Nothing to make up , it is as simple as 1 2 3 dee. I am sure you don't know even know what the axis even means jean to even bother with you anymore gore.

Anyone with a head fred should understand the winds around a high are clockwise, so if the axis is north of you you will get a east wind jen and it if is south of you you will get a west wind.

Not sure why the two of can't put 2 and 2 together magoo. If you don't live in FL then i don't expect you would even know what the devil i am talking about.

I am gonna take a napster and sleep thru this hell like nasty day with a reverse west windflow sucking the life of me whenever i step outside clyde. Plus it is not just my front yard since it faces to the west it is half the west coast of FL. Look at the radar for FL from Sat and see how showers built inland of me 60 miles and moved away jay toward the east coast. Anyone with a brain jane would understand.
Your climate is nice, mice. Compared to Dubaye, it makes it even look gaye. Sure you don't live with your heater on, John? I'm sure you get a lot of rain, McBain.

Call me a reverse windflow break, put a price on my neck. I am a terrifying southern phenomenon, notice me while I drive my Dodge Neon. This climate forms a bottleneck, hotter than wendy's Monterrey Jack.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:39 PM

5,127 posts, read 7,582,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
As for myself, I thought of all the obvious places, you know such as Antarctica, the Sahara Desert, etcetera. But something kept bothering me. There was this place that records just minutes of sunshine in winter, with a permeating, constant sideways drizzle for six months. Yet amazingly it was below the 50th parallel, and was named Seattle. So that's my nomination.
"Minutes"? A typical example of alternative facts.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:45 PM

21,214 posts, read 13,677,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Are you a Seattle "lover"?

I'm sorry if my disliking the climate where you live upsets you so much, but it is my personal opinion. It is my view currently that region of the world with the worst climate is Seattle
You would be dead wrong in my book nook. It would be 10 times better than no rain for months solid 100% sunshine days, dew points over 74 and lows of 74 to 84f like i have.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:45 PM

3,530 posts, read 910,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
"Minutes"? A typical example of alternative facts.
I know sarcasm ain't that funny, but I'm honestly surprised when someone doesn't even know it's rather obviously being used.

Seattle has far from the worst climate in my rating system, getting a D grade.

The all time worst I have so far (Z rating):

Vostok Station (Antarctica)
Bethel (Alaska)
Longyearbyen, Svalbard
Rovaniemi, Finland
Moosonee, Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather