U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 12:06 AM

1,916 posts, read 1,182,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Yeah, well, let them come. UK's climate just sucks. People shouldn't get butthurt over an opinion.
I agree 1000% with this statement.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 12:07 AM

18,987 posts, read 16,784,798 times
Quote:
Yeah, well, let them come. UK's climate just sucks. People shouldn't get butthurt over an opinion.

There is a regular here who hates the hell out of me because I dissed his precious London climate. Was even called a troll once or twice because I rated London lower than what he would rate it. Hilarious...
There are plenty of regions in NW Europe and elsewhere, with similar climates to the UK -shouldn't they get a mention also?

Old 03-02-2016, 12:10 AM

1,916 posts, read 1,182,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
There are plenty of regions in NW Europe and elsewhere, with similar climates to the UK -shouldn't they get a mention also?
Yep. That's why I included Northern Europe as a region with a terrible climate.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:19 AM

11,490 posts, read 10,297,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I find it hard grouping NW Europe altogether. Most of Germany, Czech, Poland and Netherlands are horrible, but not all of France and Switzerland is bad. With the UK, 99% of it has an awful climate, maybe besides Isle of Wight and Portsmouth (they're not bad). So it's easier to "group" the latter.

Btw, many Scandinavian cities are not bad for their very northerly latitude (i.e. Stockholm). So I can't say all of Northern Europe is bad.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:37 AM
B87

11,786 posts, read 9,012,465 times
Someone who rates London F and then rates Paris a C/D either knows nothing about their climate, or is trolling for a response. If you were consistent then I wouldn't have said you were a troll, but then I seem to recall you saying at one point that you liked London's summers too?

Old 03-02-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Someone who rates London F and then rates Paris a C/D either knows nothing about their climate, or is trolling for a response. If you were consistent then I wouldn't have said you were a troll, but then I seem to recall you saying at one point that you liked London's summers too?
1. You were actually not even the person I had in my mind.
2. I haven't rated London an F, nor have I rated Paris a C.
3. Paris is 2-3C warmer than London in the summer. So a rating difference can be expected.

Both London and Paris may have pleasant summers (what you "recalled" was right), but they're overall horrible climates when it comes to their tedious sunshine hours. But then again, even Yakutsk has nice summers - Doesn't mean it's a good climate overall. Every bad climate has *some* good qualities and every good climate has some bad qualities.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:40 AM
B87

11,786 posts, read 9,012,465 times
Quote:
1. You were actually not even the person I had in my mind.
2. I haven't rated London an F, nor have I rated Paris a C.
3. Paris is 2-3C warmer than London in the summer. So a rating difference can be expected.

Both London and Paris may have pleasant summers (what you "recalled" was right), but they're overall horrible climates when it comes to their tedious sunshine hours. But then again, even Yakutsk has nice summers - Doesn't mean it's a good climate overall. Every bad climate has *some* good qualities and every good climate has some bad qualities.
Paris is about 1.5c warmer than London if you compare suburban stations in both cities, London s about 1.5c warmer in winter so it evens out.

I definitely remember you rating London an F before. Who did you have in mind then?

Old 03-02-2016, 02:49 AM

3,076 posts, read 2,276,069 times
Equatorial climates (bar the Galapagos Islands) at sea level.
So called oceanic climates at 50 degrees latitude or more, either hemisphere.
Severe continental climates with no window of moderate warmth.
Most of the Arabic world and Saharan Africa.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Paris is about 1.5c warmer than London if you compare suburban stations in both cities, London s about 1.5c warmer in winter so it evens out.

I definitely remember you rating London an F before. Who did you have in mind then?
London is an E+ to me, maybe a D- on a good year. Perhaps you saw the F on my early posts (circa 2013). At that time I happened to give F's for a lot of cities (A's too). Thanks to the forumers and their comprehensive climate posts, I started to see lots of extreme climates that actually deserve the F (i.e. subarctic, polar, tropical rainforest, etc) - I now tend to give these sort of places an F.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:36 AM

6,504 posts, read 5,136,834 times
London isn't that bad tbh. It's basically the same as here for sunshine and rainfall, but with temperatures a bit warmer in every month.
There are obviously much, much worse places to live.

BTW, I'm a hot, sunny summer man, so I'll never be happy with the climate in this country. It's an easy climate to live with day to day though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather