Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 08:50 AM

152 posts, read 96,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
Tasmania, Patagonia, anything with an alpine or polar climate (no months above 5˚C average).
Why? They're not that bad.

Remember the world has Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, India, SE Asia or the Amazon jungles where it's always 30°C with a RH around 80%. Like the world from Predator.

The world has also Siberia, Greenland, Antarctica, Canada, Svalbard, etc. and such places with terrifying cold, unliveable climates.

Ofc when I say Africa or Canada I'm not saying the whole continent or the whole country but much of their area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 01:40 PM

376 posts, read 240,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan001 View Post
Why? They're not that bad.

Remember the world has Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, India, SE Asia or the Amazon jungles where it's always 30°C with a RH around 80%. Like the world from Predator.

The world has also Siberia, Greenland, Antarctica, Canada, Svalbard, etc. and such places with terrifying cold, unliveable climates.

Ofc when I say Africa or Canada I'm not saying the whole continent or the whole country but much of their area.
Painting the whole of Africa as hot and humid is stupid. I know in the west we think that Africa is one big place that's all the same but there is huge variety there from desert to alpine in the highest elevations. Indeed, some of the most populated cities are up in the mountains where they have a pleasant subtropical highland climate; nowhere near hot and humid. Check Addis Abba, Asmara, and Maseru, to name a few.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Anywhere with the coldest month average mean below 6°C

Old 06-01-2019, 02:23 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
The Seattle area of the USA has the most depressing weather in the world, just awful

Old 06-01-2019, 02:35 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times
I can think of a few really. Some are too obvious. Polar/tundra climates are damn near unlivable (yes I know there are native populations in those places, but there's a reason they're sparsely populated). Same with deserts.

Of places that actually have a decent amount of people. Asia in general is a mess. East Asia (China down to Vietnam) is incredibly cloudy with very warm low temps. Indian subcontinent looks terrible with some areas getting very very hot temps and then monsoon rains dumping incredible amounts of rain. SW Asia/middle east has quite possibly the worst summers of anyplace on earth. Humidity often exceeds that of the American gulf coast but with temps that rival the desert southwest.

Honorable mentions to places with year round heat/humidity that just are unrelenting. Also to extreme continental climates where you have to deal with summers that get decently hot and bitterly cold winters with wild temp swings throughout the year.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:06 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,738,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
The Seattle area of the USA has the most depressing weather in the world, just awful
No, not even close. Seattle has fantastic summers. I'd say most people would agree with that.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:17 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
No, not even close. Seattle has fantastic summers. I'd say most people would agree with that.

For sure, and the rest of the year isn't bad either IMO. Almost never too hot, never too cold.

Most depressing in world? Good grief. If lack of sunshine, cool to chilly temps and lots of rain are the qualifiers, PNW isn't nearly so extreme as coastal Alaska, Patagonia, parts of New Zealand and even places in northern Europe.

For me, worst climate regions would be the extremes of heat, cold and dry. Precipitation I enjoy.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:56 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Quote:
Sorry I completely disagree with you. I can't think of anywhere in the world that could possibly be worse or as depressing as Seattle. Awful climate.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:12 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Sorry I completely disagree with you. I can't think of anywhere in the world that could possibly be worse or as depressing as Seattle. Awful climate.
I could. Leadville, CO is my idea of a personal hell of populated places within the lower 48

Old 06-01-2019, 04:19 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Quote:
He is just a hater, I don't even take him seriously. Notice how he said the Seattle area? So the Vancouver or Portland or Olympia area don't have the most depressing climate. Just the Seattle area .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather