Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times

Advertisements

Anyone else in the southeast getting the same weather they had back on these dates in April 2011? It was 3 years and a day ago tonight (April 27, 2011) that we had about the same weather with tornadoes in MS, AL, TN, GA, NC and VA... almost a complete repeat. I am surprised no one else has been talking about it. We have a couple of tornadic storms headed our way if they hold together.

It was a scary night - we had numerous tornadoes in our area and over 40 people were killed.

Hope that part is not a repeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 04:43 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times
Nope, we do not have anyone from the southeast on here. LOL.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:50 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,066 times
I remember that night! Atlanta was extremely lucky during that time, as the storms came through and split right around us. Tornados about 45 min to our north, and 40 min to our south. Scary time though. I remember Ken Cook on Fox 5 saying "If you have a basement, sleep in it tonight". There aren't many basements in Atlanta, and I didn't have one. At the time, I was in an apartment a few stories up - we had helmets and blankets in the bathroom just in case a tornado rolled through, and that's the day I bought my weather radio to be alerted at night. Scary times, and it looks similar tonight, although a little less in the way of frequency. They don't seem as panicked on the news today as they did during that time

Old 04-29-2014, 05:02 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,066 times
I have a dear friend in Alabama who was close to the action last night but remained unharmed..According to reports that she sent me an apparent tornado ripped though a four-mile wide area of Warren County south and east of Vicksburg at about 5 p.m. Monday, damaging more than a dozen structures and leaving thousands without power into this morning..

Just glad that her family is okay but feel for the folks who where not so lucky during the nasty events over the weekend and yesterday..The path of destruction is mind blowing..are there any charities set up for the families who suffered such loss?? Is it allowed on the forum to post charity info so members can help?? I'm posting before i do some research and ask a Mod but any feedback is helpful..

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,066 times
I chose the red cross to make a donation to help..Solicitation is not allowed on the forum, so after doing a quick google search found the red cross web site and made a donation..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather