Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 04:57 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Oh my god alex you are in America not Hispanola what did you expect!?
I'm not sure what this post is even supposed to mean.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:59 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times
At the end of the day America is a white country whatever way you put it. There are 200 million + white people there, your culture is foreign and completely different, its so daft to think that an ordinary American can differentiate the Lationo groups. What do you think this is?

( I'll probably get eaten for saying that but I bet most are thinking the same as me but are too scared to say it. )

And anyway who cares!?

Old 05-19-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Cities aren't as racially segregated here as in the US.

Also, I couldn't tell the difference between Latino populations but I wouldn't presume they were Mexican. I might ask 'what' they are if I was curious but I wouldn't care really so much.
Yeah but at least you ask and don't assume. That on its own makes all the difference.

And there's also people who seem to be willingly ignorant, those are the ones that bother me the most.

I guess it's easier for other Latinos to tell the difference, I can tell the difference between a Colombian and a Venezuelan, a Cuban and a Puerto Rican, etc. From the accent they have to their physical appearance.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
At the end of the day America is a white country whatever way you put it. There are 200 million + white people there, your culture is foreign and completely different its so daft to think that an ordinary American can differentiate the Lationo groups. I'll probably get eaten for saying that but I bet most are thinking the same as me but are too scared to say it.

And anyway who cares!?
Do you forget that I live in Miami? If you came to where I live with the mentality that America is a "White country", you will be shocked and appalled to say the least.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:01 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Cities aren't as racially segregated here as in the US.

Also, I couldn't tell the difference between Latino populations but I wouldn't presume they were Mexican. I might ask 'what' they are if I was curious but I wouldn't care really so much.
Those two words are important to highlight. Doesn't 50% plus of Leeds' black population live in Chapeltown and the with the majority of S. Asians in Harehills?

Old 05-19-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Do you forget that I live in Miami? If you came to where I live with the mentality that America is a "White country", you will be shocked and appalled to say the least.
Why on earth would I be appalled!? I seen the hispanics in Orlando! I seriously don't care. I get that America has massive minorities but it is still a white country when it comes to it, it was built on those principles.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Those two words are important to highlight. Doesn't 50% plus of Leeds' black population live in Chapeltown and the with the majority of S. Asians in Harehills?
But they chose to go there. They didn't integrate themselves.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:06 PM

3,505 posts, read 761,791 times
Quote:
But they chose to go there. They didn't integrate themselves.
both those sentences mean the same thing .

Old 05-19-2015, 05:08 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
At the end of the day America is a white country whatever way you put it. There are 200 million + white people there, your culture is foreign and completely different, its so daft to think that an ordinary American can differentiate the Lationo groups. What do you think this is?
Most Americans who've been around hispanics, which would be most younger whites in much of California and South Florida among others. It's fairly easy to distinguish Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans apart. Though can't be 100% sure. I guess these people in Boston were Dominican... Apparently you believe the white American population is completely unaware of those around them.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Why on earth would I be appalled!? I seen the hispanics in Orlando! I seriously don't care. I get that America has massive minorities but it is still a white country when it comes to it, it was built on those principles.
Not all of America is the same, and plus the fact that America is a "white country" is no excuse for ignorance. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Plus, Native Americans were here way before Europeans. America was "built" on the principles of freedom ad tolerance of religion, not on "white" principles.

Another thing, the culture in Miami is way different from Orlando. In Orlando, I actually feel like I'm in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather