Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 08:30 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,408,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
If the races were reversed I bet you wouldn't have said a thing about it, and the fact that such an attack would've been newsworthy (just as this one is) would've made your blood boil.

Does this recent, and more violent attack disgust you in any way?
4 charged in stabbing attack on brother, sister - Chicago Tribune
Local news, white attackers, and black victims.
The biggest difference is black-on-white violence is many times more common than white-on-black. This is bad enough as it is. But what makes it even worse (and worthy of mention) is that the media narrative would paint an entirely different picture.

And FWIW, the girl whose mugshot is in the top-left of the picture from the link you posted is clearly nonwhite. So it's not four white attackers, but three (at most). Since my claim is not that white-on-black crime never happens (though it's certainly far less frequent than black-on-white crime), posting an example of it does not address my claims, certainly not when you try to minimize the story I posted by saying this one was more violent. Well, okay, if you want to go there, you'll have to address the greater prevalence of black-on-white crime in the first place.

I generally don't expect anyone to take up our race, except for us, of course. But white people have been bullied into submission by the leftist media and academic establishments, so very few really do, whereas all the races are accorded this latitude.

I could ask you if you were disgusted by the rampant murders of whites (particularly farmers) in South Africa, since the magnitude of that easily eclipses that of the story you posted. FARMITRACKER

I could also say you'd never say a thing about it if I didn't bring it up. See, it works both way. Now, if you try to shift the goalposts by claiming all this is some sort of consequence of the historical actions of Europeans (because I've debated this enough to know what kind of argument usually comes next), even that must be considered in a broader context. Slavery, for instance, was nearly ubiquitous. Many whites were enslaved, most notably by Arabs. Africans also enslaved one another and sold other African slaves to Europeans. Europeans have arguably had more luck in the past, and the reality of the universe is that, as a zero-sum game, it comes at some else's expense. But don't think for a moment the whole world would be singing Kumbaya without Europeans around. Nature abhors a vacuum, after all.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:37 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,336,746 times
Why does this issue never fail to come up on here? give it a rest.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCup81 View Post
Good point. I am still mad at the sour candy, though. So I'll pout in my little corner.
Want me to feed you with a stick? I don't want to catch rabies but you have to eat...

Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 PM

27 posts, read 23,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Want me to feed you with a stick? I don't want to catch rabies but you have to eat...
Whatcha going to feed me? I make no promises that I won't bite you.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,324,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I could also say you'd never say a thing about it if I didn't bring it up.
Why would he? Why would he want to talk about hard to support controversies out of nowhere, particularly on the Unhappy thread on the Weather forum.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Why would he? Why would he want to talk about hard to support controversies out of nowhere, particularly on the Unhappy thread on the Weather forum.
Yeah. Honestly this topic is a bit tired by this point.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,408,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Touché.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCup81 View Post
Whatcha going to feed me? I make no promises that I won't bite you.
Not sure I'm going to feed you anything now. At least not without my holy water in my hand....

Old 06-08-2015, 11:34 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,287,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The biggest difference is black-on-white violence is many times more common than white-on-black. This is bad enough as it is.
Many times more? And the VAST majority of violence is intra-racial. Address that.

Quote:
But what makes it even worse (and worthy of mention) is that the media narrative would paint an entirely different picture.
Although I disagree with this statement, I won't get started on the mainstream media, I feel bad for anyone who relies solely on those biased nut jobs for their news.

Quote:
Since my claim is not that white-on-black crime never happens (though it's certainly far less frequent than black-on-white crime), posting an example of it does not address my claims, certainly not when you try to minimize the story I posted by saying this one was more violent.
I didn't minimize the story you posted, I asked you a simple question while simultaneously refuting your nonsensical claim that a similar white-on-black incident would be international news.

Quote:
I generally don't expect anyone to take up our race, except for us, of course. But white people have been bullied into submission by the leftist media and academic establishments, so very few really do, whereas all the races are accorded this latitude.
When will the oppression cease?

Quote:
I could ask you if you were disgusted by the rampant murders of whites (particularly farmers) in South Africa, since the magnitude of that easily eclipses that of the story you posted. FARMITRACKER
Here you go with the "us vs them" mentality. Are you unable to empathize with others, regardless of their species, race, or other trivial characteristics?

Quote:
I could also say you'd never say a thing about it if I didn't bring it up. See, it works both way.
You could, I don't live in metro Philadelphia, nor do I watch their local news.

Quote:
Now, if you try to shift the goalposts by claiming all this is some sort of consequence of the historical actions of Europeans (because I've debated this enough to know what kind of argument usually comes next), even that must be considered in a broader context. Slavery, for instance, was nearly ubiquitous. Many whites were enslaved, most notably by Arabs. Africans also enslaved one another and sold other African slaves to Europeans. Europeans have arguably had more luck in the past, and the reality of the universe is that, as a zero-sum game, it comes at some else's expense. But don't think for a moment the whole world would be singing Kumbaya without Europeans around. Nature abhors a vacuum, after all.
Yeah, I'm sure this instance of black-on-white crime is payback for all the bad that Caucasians have done since their inception.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:43 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,287,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
New Jersey now included in the Tornado Watch, but I bet everything that these storms will fall apart as they get closer to the ocean, it never fails with storms coming in from the west/north. It's like living in a rain shadow.
Yup. I knew it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.