Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
AHAHA

**** YOU YOU ****ING INBRED LEXINGTONFFFFFF
I'll excuse it this once since I'm going to be outside all day tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
The first time I had Bud Light, my reaction was "WTF is this?" Lol. It tasted like someone literally poured water into the can. Budweiser isn't that bad though, I can enjoy one from time to time. I prefer my Coronas though.

Is it me, or does canned beer taste different from bottled beer? I've noticed that "watered-down" taste a lot more in cans.
Haha, I loved Bud Light tbh. But I don't ever get the more expensive ones. Usually I have Coors or Miller.

It's a little different in a can but I don't mind it.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:43 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
The first time I had Bud Light, my reaction was "WTF is this?" Lol. It tasted like someone literally poured water into the can. Budweiser isn't that bad though, I can enjoy one from time to time. I prefer my Coronas though.

Is it me, or does canned beer taste different from bottled beer? I've noticed that "watered-down" taste a lot more in cans.
I like canned beer as opposed to bottled beer. The light exposure that bottled beer receives can ruin it. Beer in clear bottles, like Corona, is especially prone to this.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:44 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,670 times
I can't sleep

Old 06-26-2015, 07:46 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
I can't stay awake much longer.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:46 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,656,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
City-Data posters have wackier weather preferences than 95% of the population. It really is an obsession.
95%? I don't think so, tropics and hot deserts made up atleast 10-15% population and most of them prefer warm/hot weather (what they think mild) because anything below 30C is cool to for them due to their tolerance, in surabaya once the temp drop to 27C there're some "cold" advisory!!!

Last edited by divisionbyzero0; 06-26-2015 at 08:57 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 08:52 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1138769 View Post
95%? I don't think so, tropics and hot deserts made up atleast 10-15% population and most of them prefer warm/hot weather (what they think mild) because anything below 30C is cool to for them due to their tolerance
What I'm talking about are people whose weather preferences are obviously not what they consider most comfortable, but want extreme weather just for the novelty factor (even though it causes problems for 95% of people). Heat waves, extreme cold, horrible humidity, and so on.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:41 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
What I'm talking about are people whose weather preferences are obviously not what they consider most comfortable, but want extreme weather just for the novelty factor (even though it causes problems for 95% of people). Heat waves, extreme cold, horrible humidity, and so on.
Hmm, maybe if I stop liking horrible humidity and obnoxious thunderstorms then Florida will return to its natural climatic state of a mild desert. Obviously such things only occur because I want them to.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Hmm, maybe if I stop liking horrible humidity and obnoxious thunderstorms then Florida will return to its natural climatic state of a mild desert. Obviously such things only occur because I want them to.
I never said that. It's just that the majority of people don't like those things. Nothing to do with causing it.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:00 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,457,430 times
Quote:
My obsession with extreme cold is the reason I joined the forum in the first place. I think I started posting here during those cold snaps back in November, just to talk about and be updated with the locations and times of extreme cold occurrences.

So yeah, assuming other people had similar experiences and were looking for others who matched their weather preferences, you're bound to find a lot of those people on a forum dedicated to weather.

Interesting beats comfortable any day of the week. That's the philosophy.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
My obsession with extreme cold is the reason I joined the forum in the first place. I think I started posting here was during those cold snaps back in November, just to talk about and be updated with the locations and times of extreme cold occurrences.

So yeah, assuming other people had similar experiences and were looking for others who matched their weather preferences, you're bound to find a lot of those people on a forum dedicated to weather.

Interesting beats comfortable any day of the week. That's the philosophy.
Right, this is densest concentration of extreme weather fanatics on the internet.
No surprise there, as it is a weather forum.

I guess I just feel a little out of place with my moderate preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather