Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 08:42 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I did physics, maths and French.

Maths was the easiest, I was like 2% off an A.. C1-C3 were easy, C4 screwed me over with a hard paper, S1 was **** easy, and M1 I messed up..

Physics was alright, I loved the astrophysics part, Quantum mechanics was boring, so was electricity and magnetism.. French was pretty easy

I would find the maths paper hard now as I have forgotten most of it
Ohh look at you.

I see plenty of you in my school. Don't bother their ass studying and then come out with an A and then whine about how crap it is. The science department in my school are up their arse.

Ugh. So glad to be out. I should never have went to a competitive school.. I used to think I was intelligent until I went to my school.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:42 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
How do your uni entry courses compare to IB courses?
I have no idea really.. some courses are hard and others not..

I am averaging a 2.1 going into my third year.. which is pretty standard to be honest. A 1st degree is very good and requires a lot of work.. if I didn't go out so much and worked more I could probably achieve it just about tbh. Above 70% is a 1st, above 80% is extremely rare.. most topics are capped at around 80%

Old 08-13-2014, 08:43 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,667,286 times
If you stay up to date with the material and do the daily hw you don't even really need to study at all before the exams. maths I am talking about, not some memorization course. memorization courses where no calculations are involved are easy A+ uni courses.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
If you stay up to date with the material and do the daily hw you don't even really need to study at all before the exams. maths I am talking about, not some memorization course. memorization courses where no calculations are involved are easy A+ uni courses.
Don't even start me about Geography and that exam.

40% is a decision exercise with an essay NOT even anything to do with the subject. I bet if I do crap its due to that.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Ohh look at you.

I see plenty of you in my school. Don't bother their ass studying and then come out with an A and then whine about how crap it is. The science department in my school are up their arse.

Ugh. So glad to be out. I should never have went to a competitive school..
I didn't really care that much until I started applying to unis and realised that my future was on the line.. before that I used to not pay attention in class and mess around with my friends. I am not especially clever at all, I did pretty average compared to most people, but got into a decent uni, although not Cambridge or Oxford like a few people in my year did.

I got DDE at AS level in January.. and CCC for AS levels overall.. that was when I realised I had to stop messing about and do more work.. the weeks leading to my exams I didn't leave my room and went over every past paper.. it paid off and I am glad I pulled my finger out. I am not a smartass, I just put a lot of work into it

Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 PM

Well sorry but i'm just sick and tired of killing myself studying and getting B's all the while these idiots who just act like the lad come out with A's after doing sweet fa studying.

Some people are just pathetic, they are that smart.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah agreed.. unfortunately my uni course is entirely essay based, but I am good at bragging things and writing essays in a good structure.. which means that even if the content is not always great, it at least looks good.

I agree about the memorization courses, maths and physics at A level for me would have been A grades easily if I had done more work.. unfortunately half the time I didn't do the homework as my teacher didn't really care and I spent the time out with my friends instead

Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Yes luckily Palermo & Catania airports are fairly close by! The generators kicked in after 45 minutes apparently, but ridiculous that they failed, when power cuts are quite frequent here
Wow, Malta sounds more third world than Puerto Rico, and we only had power cuts whenever a hurricane blew by. Now THAT sucked being out of power for 2-3 days when the nighttime low during the "summer" is close to 25°C

Old 08-13-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Well sorry but i'm just sick and tired of killing myself studying and getting b's all the while these idiots who just act like the lad come out with A's.

Some people are just pathetic, they are that smart.
I did study hard though towards the end of the year, that's all you really need to do. A levels are not that hard that you need to do hours and hours months before the exams. I have good photographic memory and short term memory.. if I had started revising months before I would have forgotten most of it way before the exam anyway. I'm not an idiot, I have a job, am heading towards a degree and hopefully a semester abroad in Nice, France

Old 08-13-2014, 08:53 PM

The degree i'm applying for has a year abroad and it can be anywhere.

Idk how i'm going to do, I am unpredictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather