Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 08:16 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Lol I just don't answer my phone or texts for a while if people become clingy.. I could not stand it when my ex would reply instantly to my messages sometimes
At the other end, deliberately waiting to reply so as not to seem clingy feels awkward and forced.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:18 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,407,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
At the other end, deliberately waiting to reply so as not to seem clingy feels awkward and forced.
I just always made it seem like I was busy so I didn't have to do reply straight away. Sometimes is great talking constantly, but when we didn't see each other for a few days, we normally texted throughout the day which is pretty normal, but she would sometimes reply within a minute when I was trying to do work or write essays lol

Old 08-16-2014, 08:21 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times
Quote:
Lol I just don't answer my phone or texts for a while if people become clingy.. I could not stand it when my ex would reply instantly to my messages sometimes
I did that and he thought something was "wrong" with me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
what drugs does he take?
He injects heroine (?) sniffs cocaine and some liquid thingy...I can't be around someone like that anymore.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:22 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,407,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I did that and he thought something was "wrong" with me...

He injects heroine (?) sniffs cocaine and some liquid thingy...I can't be around someone like that anymore.
Heroine is nasty.. he needs to stop that, it will ruin his life! Cocaine is also pretty bad as it can become an expensive habit..

Nothing wrong with a spliff every now and then, though..

Old 08-16-2014, 08:28 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times
Quote:
Heroine is nasty.. he needs to stop that, it will ruin his life! Cocaine is also pretty bad as it can become an expensive habit..

Nothing wrong with a spliff every now and then, though..
And he said "I don't do it infront you" lie!!

maybe on occasions...

Old 08-16-2014, 08:36 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
That don't sound healthy.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:44 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Heroine is evil. Cocaine isn't as bad but still pretty addictive and damaging to your body.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:52 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
I really hate Microsoft Word... most of the time it would be better to use notepad... many times in the past while working on emails I have had to paste it into a post on a forum, preview the post and recopy and paste it to remove this stupid formatting... yes I sometimes need to copy and paste from other sources in my emails for convenience, so stop ****ing up my format.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:08 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,666,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
At least he got 16 months in jail.

Would of only gotten a slap on the wrist here, especially if he was a certain ethnicity and then claim "troubled childhood".

Old 08-16-2014, 04:43 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,666,364 times
Quote:
You must have had a winter without snow.. we have had them throughout our history including last winter and our averages are similar.

Good luck with the accommodation finding people who won't be drinking and doing all that stuff.. it is basically the norm for university and part of what makes it great
I guess it is different there than here with the alcohol etc. We have different res buildings at different prices. One of the buildings has only single bed rooms with own bathroom, in this one most people will not go out drinking or if they do only on weekends 250 single rooms I think. Another one is single rooms but with shared bathroom, this one will get more partier people and it is older. The other buildings are all shared with either 2 or 4 beds and a shared kitchen/ tv area for the 3 rooms. The cheapest ones can get loud at night, but not to excess. Then there is also res buildings where you have to be done first year already. In owen's case if he does get a shared room then you can find someone who is not the party type. I have friends who selected international students from Asia as the roommates and had no problems at all during the 4 years there.

Haha, owen said he was applying to the one furthest east in the UK. Probably the same one you are at as Norwich is the furthest east.

Uni life sounds much different there than here, with people traveling all over the UK. Here we mostly only stick to the place where we're from, I only know around 5 who went elsewhere. We have quite a bit of international students too, so some classes you are definitely the minority. Would be neat to experience what it's like there in Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather