Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 02:09 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Less noise, less pollution, closer to nature, can escape people if you want to etc.

London gets old...
I suppose.. City living would be too much for me I think.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:22 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
You mean, NZ is more like the US now, then? That suxs.

How much are your "slack" employees being paid? If they're getting a fraction of what you make, then they have every right to work as "easy" as possible. If someone wants me to work hard, like they do, then they can pay me what that work is worth. That's just common sense stuff right there.

That's why I haven't worked for anyone else in many a year - it was making me angry 24/7 living like that. (Not to mention the discrimination I got for being hard of hearing.) Good thing I have a LOT of company these days - the "labor participation rate" continues to fall, year after year, and is now back at 1970's levels. And people go around scratching their heads why people are so unhappy with the world of "work."
90 day trail periods allow slackers to be weeded out, which is great in my industry, which attracts a lot of slackers -not a term I use often.

Employees start at $NZ 17.50 an hour (min wage plus allowances), and earn up to about $35 an hour. Transport and lunch are provided.

Worth is a matter of economics , not charity.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:44 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Don't know about uni now. I'm a quiet person and hate partying... Think i'd die if I was in a loud dorm with people taking drugs etc..
Lol, not all students take drugs... At most they may just smoke the odd joint... As for partying & being a quiet person, this is why you drink alcohol, it loosens you up, you don't have to get drunk, just drink enough so you feel merry...

Old 09-16-2014, 02:46 PM

Or maybe i'll just not go..

Old 09-16-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Or maybe i'll just not go..
So you would possibly ruin your whole life, by not getting the degree you want, for the career you want, just because you don't want to be around people that like to have fun?

Old 09-16-2014, 03:07 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
90 day trail periods allow slackers to be weeded out, which is great in my industry, which attracts a lot of slackers -not a term I use often.

Employees start at $NZ 17.50 an hour (min wage plus allowances), and earn up to about $35 an hour. Transport and lunch are provided.

Where I worked in a train maintenance workshop one could spot workers on trial period or on temporary contracts from faraway. Their "output" was twice that of other employees on some days.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
So you would possibly ruin your whole life, by not getting the degree you want, for the career you want, just because you don't want to be around people that like to have fun?
No because I have anxiety thats why.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:16 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Going to university isn't even necessary anyway and most people don't get a degree - it depends on your career of choice. Many people do apprenticeships and get jobs in their field of choice within a couple of years. Don't go to uni if you don't want to.

And I can understand your position. Some people are quiet and don't like to get drunk, and being around people like that is intimidating if you're not into that type of scene, but there are all types of people at uni - ranging from loud drinkers to quiet introverts. You don't have to change who you are just to be like other people.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
No because I have anxiety thats why.
Well you can either mix with other quiet people, or try & fit in. Only you can choose to do that, would be a shame to screw up your life because you think you wont like it...

Old 09-16-2014, 03:50 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post

Wow, such generous wages. Especially with transport and lunch provided. Here, you don't get squat, and our min wage is stuck at $7.25 an hour, and people who have those low-paid jobs are often worked like dogs in atrocious conditions. All because employers have the upper hand in this country.

At least I've recused myself from the world of work - just wish more people were able to do the same.

Oh, the part about "economics" - I'm a total atheist when it comes that "field" of pseudoscience. It's just a way for the rich to extract even more wealth from the underclass, as they have done for centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather