Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 10:20 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times

Advertisements

Yes, the temps drop very rapidly in October. Little weak sun, shorter days, the jet stream shifts southwards and very unsettled as a whole.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:40 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Average highs here,

1 Oct: 14°C
16 Oct: 9°C
31 Oct: 6°C
15 Nov: 4°C

Here's ours:

1 Oct: 20°C
16 Oct: 17°C
31 Oct: 14°C
15 Nov: 11°C

Drop is almost as large, just starting from a higher base. I think your have less of a winter lag, I still have big drops in November and December. Most of October is still decent and can be rather sunny here. By highs, we're still warmer than Irilinit until sometime in early November.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:56 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Here's ours:

Drop is almost as large, just starting from a higher base. I think your have less of a winter lag, I still have big drops in November and December. Most of October is still decent and can be rather sunny here. By highs, we're still warmer than Irilinit until sometime in early November.
What do you mean with less of a lag? I think I have more than you. February is our coldest month, and December avg highs are at freezing.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
What do you mean with less of a lag? I think I have more than you. February is our coldest month, and December avg highs are at freezing.
Whoops assumed you were more similar to Britain, where December can tie or be the coldest month:

Edinburgh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the drop from December to January for us is about 3°C, which looks somewhat higher than for you. So more lag, but the early winter change is still greater here.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:43 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,667,286 times
Don't know what is so appealing about this early cold.

Hands froZe today after being outside for an hour and are now all dried out, lips are chapped now too.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:53 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Don't know what is so appealing about this early cold.

Hands froZe today after being outside for an hour and are now all dried out, lips are chapped now too.
Weren't you sweating with high dewpoints and hot temps just last week? Lol. Getting tired of consistent here.

Speaking of here.. 57F outside windows open all evening didn't do jack. So A/C is on now. I can just imagine the neighbors hearing my condensor go on. I don't hear anyone else's on. LMAO!! They must think a polar bear lives in here. LMAO!!

Old 10-03-2014, 09:02 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Here's ours:

Chicago/MDW

1 Oct: 20.6C
16 Oct: 17.1C
31 Oct: 13.7C
15 Nov: 9.4C

My suburb:

1 Oct: 21.5C
16 Oct: 18.0C
31 Oct: 14.5C
15 Nov: 10.2C

Old 10-03-2014, 09:15 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,667,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Weren't you sweating with high dewpoints and hot temps just last week? Lol. Getting tired of consistent here.

Speaking of here.. 57F outside windows open all evening didn't do jack. So A/C is on now. I can just imagine the neighbors hearing my condensor go on. I don't hear anyone else's on. LMAO!! They must think a polar bear lives in here. LMAO!!
I wish it was consistent here.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:28 PM

25 posts, read 20,544 times
The AWF's most prolific mega troll is at is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
Hoping EC holds for a week from now, has 850Ts dropping to -5C
Good luck with that

Old 10-05-2014, 07:00 AM

25 posts, read 20,544 times
The other day after arriving at work, a Huntsman spider the size of my palm decided to casually emerge from freaking nowhere and crawl across my driver side window (on the outside thank you jesus) Then it disappeared. Upon returning from work, My paranoia convinced me that this bugger was hiding under the door handle.....

After work, I was too chicken to reach for the handle, so I lit up the flashlight on my phone and actually tried to peer under it, contorting like a gymnast, and only then, open the bloody thing.

But if it's not under the handle, that means there is a freaking huge spider living somewhere in my car... which could potentially fall on my face while driving down the freeway

I was bitten by a juvenile bull ant while cleaning my pool one day. That was a sharp enough prick. I can't imagine a full-sized, pissed off speciman. Well, as a kid we were playing outside with some friends back in the day, one of my friends was stung by a full sized proper pissed off bull ant, she ran inside crying and screaming. I often come across their nests while on my walks, which look like Mt Kilimanjaro and like to shove sticks down 'em. The sight of dozens of huge venomous ants pouring out is a sight to behold lol. Once on a houseboat in Renmark I remember seeing a giant orange ant crawling along the deck towards me, this thing had to be a mutant, the thing was huge, bright orange, and I knew full well to get the hell away. Same trip we were swarmed by massive creepy-looking wasps with orange wings and black bodies one evening when we were having dinner outside. Googling it, they may have been Spider wasps or Tarantula hawks.

I've come across many 6 and 8 legged wild life while cleaning my pool, including Wolf Spiders, dozens of Redbacks, Black House Spiders on Steroids, huge armies of Pill Bugs, and the worst... I once found the remains of what looked like a Funnel Web spider floating in the pool.

I'm not even going to mention the Golden Orb Weaver civilisation I found in the woods at Yarra Bend Park while on my uni field days. FFS.

Never been stung by any of these satanic creatures before though, although I did fall victim to a blue bottle tentacle at Kangaroo Island when I was like 9. Yeah... Jelly Fish are evil. The entire population of these things need to die right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather