Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2014, 08:11 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times

Advertisements

Luckily we have winters below freezing so all those pesky spiders and ants don't survive here.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:07 PM

25 posts, read 20,544 times
hmmm, it was supposed to be 28C today, but as of 11am it is darker than at sunrise, fully overcast and a pathetic 15C. Some suburbs are as COLD as 12C. Infact, I took my big thick blanket off last night in anticipation of a warm morning. Big mistake

Meanwhile, Sydney had 33C yesterday and Adelaide is currently 28C. It is also important to note that Adelaide was above 20C pretty much the entire night, for the second time this month, while Sydney has a 19C low forecast. I hate this retarded joke of a climate. Reminds of me of the usual running gag in summer. This climate is a sick joke. I am sure there is a cornucopia of Champagne corks flying around the AWF troll headquarters

I'm in the process of applying for a course which could lead to a work-from-home, online job. Should that happen, I can live anywhere I want. I am praying it works out....

Old 10-05-2014, 06:18 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetaryNebula View Post
hmmm, it was supposed to be 28C today, but as of 11am it is darker than at sunrise, fully overcast and a pathetic 15C. Some suburbs are as COLD as 12C. Infact, I took my big thick blanket off last night in anticipation of a warm morning. Big mistake

Meanwhile, Sydney had 33C yesterday and Adelaide is currently 28C. It is also important to note that Adelaide was above 20C pretty much the entire night, for the second time this month, while Sydney has a 19C low forecast. I hate this retarded joke of a climate. Reminds of me of the usual running gag in summer. This climate is a sick joke. I am sure there is a cornucopia of Champagne corks flying around the AWF troll headquarters

I'm in the process of applying for a course which could lead to a work-from-home, online job. Should that happen, I can live anywhere I want. I am praying it works out....
I wish I could find something like that.. would love to be able to live anywhere!

Winter is coming here, after last night, it is starting to get chilly at night here, I detest this period of the year when our weather turns to crap Need to drown myself with alcohol

Old 10-05-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I wish I could find something like that.. would love to be able to live anywhere!

Winter is coming here, after last night, it is starting to get chilly at night here, I detest this period of the year when our weather turns to crap Need to drown myself with alcohol
I woke up, thought it was 7am or something, look at my clock, freaking 10am! And bloody freezing. Took my thick blanket off last night to avoid a heatwave hangover in anticipation of a warm and sunny morning, what a bad decision. Not only that, there is a huge swath of ugly light rain heading right for us on the radar. 28C LOL, god, we might scrape 18C if we're lucky.

This is one of the sickest FAIL's I've seen in my life, and I am more than used to Adelaide and Sydney getting heat while we miss out, but this time it is just sick. Forecast was for 28C, yet it's thick dark overcast at 11:20am, 15C with some suburbs as arctic as 12C. Meanwhile, Adealide has had 2 days over 30C, 2 nights of 19-20C lows, Sydney had their second day over 33C and have a 19C low forecast (which ofcourse will be over 20C in reality).

I actually hate summer more than winter, because I have to deal with this exact unfathomable crap. At least in winter pretty much everywhere is cold.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:31 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetaryNebula View Post
I woke up, thought it was 7am or something, look at my clock, freaking 10am! And bloody freezing. Took my thick blanket off last night to avoid a heatwave hangover in anticipation of a warm and sunny morning, what a bad decision. Not only that, there is a huge swath of ugly light rain heading right for us on the radar. 28C LOL, god, we might scrape 18C if we're lucky.

This is one of the sickest FAIL's I've seen in my life, and I am more than used to Adelaide and Sydney getting heat while we miss out, but this time it is just sick. Forecast was for 28C, yet it's thick dark overcast at 11:20am, 15C with some suburbs as arctic as 12C. Meanwhile, Adealide has had 2 days over 30C, 2 nights of 19-20C lows, Sydney had their second day over 33C and have a 19C low forecast (which ofcourse will be over 20C in reality).

I actually hate summer more than winter, because I have to deal with this exact unfathomable crap. At least in winter pretty much everywhere is cold.
That's crazy to get the forecast that wrong!!

Sometimes here it is off by a few degrees, but by 10C is just plain dumb!

My washing got soaked earlier after getting rain when the forecast was for sunny weather

Old 10-05-2014, 06:32 PM

I just found something even more disturbing. Look at the temp obs and the change in wind to Sour-Craperlies. Unforecasted seabreeze or front to add to my joy?

Latest Capital City Observations Melbourne Airport

Old 10-06-2014, 03:44 AM

Well it somehow struggled to 25C in the end, at about 6pm. Okay result considering how arctic this morning was and the solid overcast. Very windy now but otherwise a lovely 21C at 8:40pm.

The polar air is unfortunately not far away. Storms are forecast, but I'm sure nothing will happen as per usual.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:06 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,261,034 times
Record high temp set here yesterday for October. Probably gonna hit another one today as the same high is expected again

WHERE is Fall?!?

Old 10-06-2014, 06:51 AM

The forecast thunderstorms turned out to be nothing but 2 minutes of heavy rain, ofcourse. Yet another fail whale in the fail whale capital of the known universe. Lots of thunderstorms down in Tasmania though, herp de ****en derp. If it's not the Tasman sea, Bass Strait, Western Victoria, Northeast Victoria, Eastern Victoria, the central Victorian ranges, Ballarat, Southern NSW or the Great Australian Bight, it's the antarctic territory of Tassie.

Better yet, as the polar air reaches us, Sydney has shot up to 24C now at midnight. I just wiped the frustration sweat from my forehead and it looks like ketchup. Not only that, but I am oozing more frustration sweat than the entire volume of the Pacific Ocean. Herp de derp.

I shall invest in a punching bag because this is not digestible in any other way.

Last edited by PlanetaryNebula; 10-06-2014 at 07:06 AM..

Old 10-06-2014, 07:52 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
"My bags are packed, I'll leave you if you've cheated" Jeremy Kyle show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather