Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 01:54 PM
F18

542 posts, read 529,384 times

Advertisements

[quote=dunno what to put here;36876437]Brits can retire like kings and queens anywhere in the world on their pension income. Retiring in Thailand or Andalusia is fine as long as you are isolated from the problems that ordinary people face.

Meanwhile, in the real world, hundreds of thousands flock to the UK every year in search of employment, because economics trumps climate - always. The lack of sun here is more than made up by our strong economy, high wages and low unemployment.

But sure, I'm jealous of sunny sh*tholes, where people earn $1 a day, or work as a hooker even if they are qualified as a doctor.

Happy days.[/QUOTE/]

The only reason why the UK is attractive is because of London. London sustains the rest of the country because it is lucky to be a financial and cultural centre. If it weren't for London, the UK would be a poor and insiginifcant country. UK is more dependent on its capital city than any other country in Europe.

The only Good thing the UK has is an okay economy (especially compared with other countries such as France, Germany, Switzerland or the Scandinvian nations). The UK has a horrible society structure which may well be the worst in Europe. No wonder so many people emigrate from the UK as soon as they have money as the economy is not everything.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:57 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,205,892 times
I don't think the UK would be an insignificant country.

Of course not. It was the UK that colonised the United States and Australia alongside any other country that currently speaks English as their native language.

The UK is a powerful country, there is no doubt about that. We will stay a powerful country as well rising to the 5th place in the world overtaking Germany to become Europe's largest economy. So indeed we are NOT insignificant.
I disagree with him that we can retire anywhere we want.. well that depends if you have children and we will be restricted to immigration.. Its not like retired people can just up and move to America or Australia.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
That's why thousands of Brits as soon as they retire they head and live in those "dumps". The UK is so Good that it has the highest number of people going aborad during their holidays.

Jealousy and jingoism are horrible traits but tells a lot about themselves.
They only retire to those countries in the winter.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:31 PM
F18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
I don't think the UK would be an insignificant country.

Of course not. It was the UK that colonised the United States and Australia alongside any other country that currently speaks English as their native language.

The UK is a powerful country, there is no doubt about that. We will stay a powerful country as well rising to the 5th place in the world overtaking Germany to become Europe's largest economy. So indeed we are NOT insignificant.
I disagree with him that we can retire anywhere we want.. well that depends if you have children and we will be restricted to immigration.. Its not like retired people can just up and move to America or Australia.
UK overtaking Germany's economy??? No way not even if the UK grew 8% a year. Germany's economy is the largest in Europe and France's economy is larger than the British one.

You are not in 1850's where UK had a leading role in the world. The UK has only some importance due to its seat in the Security Council in the United Nations. Otherwise no one would care about the UK.

Besides, I wrote that without London, the UK would be even less important.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:42 PM

All economic forecasts predict UK overtaking Germany. Germany is in decline with a declining population.

Ours is rising fast.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
Yeah its all these ''evil'' immigrants who are increasing the population owen, I thought you hated immigrants??

Old 10-14-2014, 02:55 PM
F18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
All economic forecasts predict UK overtaking Germany. Germany is in decline with a declining population.

Ours is rising fast.
Which economic forecasts? Would You like to present evidence?

Germany is declining in demographic terms not in economic ones, the UK economy is rising but very slowly and its population is rising fast.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:34 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
I think I mildly overdosed on caffeine today, feel weak and dizzy. This is quite an impressive feat, as I've been drinking coffee twice a day for the last 3 years.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:04 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
8 PM in the middle of October and it's still too warm with the windows wide open and the ceiling fan on!

Old 10-14-2014, 06:07 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
8 PM in the middle of October and it's still too warm with the windows wide open and the ceiling fan on!
What's your room temp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather