Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 04:47 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
But why are there trees everywhere? Why do they not cut them down for a view?

I noticed that in Florida. Trees everywhere
Wtf

Trees are natural and look great.. plain fields would look awful

Not to mention the effect of cutting them down would have on wildlife and co2 levels..

Old 10-15-2014, 04:48 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Well in NI all the trees that we have are imported from Canada, most of the countryside is pasture which I find beautiful.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Suppose I shouldn't bother going then.
No, but if you knock something without trying it properly and experiencing being drunk, then you can't really talk about it the way you do.

Quote:
I honestly love America so much. I have such a fantastic time when I go there, I don't want to come home.
This summer it didn't sound like you had a great time lol.. just saying

Quote:
Well in NI all the trees that we have are imported from Canada, most of the countryside is pasture which I find beautiful.
What? You're saying that pre 1600 there were no trees in NI and they all got imported after Columbus discovered America?

Old 10-15-2014, 04:51 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Its raining...

Quote:
I honestly love America so much. I have such a fantastic time when I go there, I don't want to come home.
America really doesn't appeal to me only a few places, like Boston (loved Boston) would like to visit San Francisco, New Orleans, New York and the various national parks Not a random beech resort in Florida though I wouldn't complain if I were too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Wtf

Not to mention the effect of cutting them down would have on wildlife and co2 levels..
Lol plain fields are boring

Old 10-15-2014, 04:52 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Wtf

The Eastern part of North America is naturally tree-covered. Obviously there are areas cleared for agriculture in some parts and development in others, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone seriously suggest that we should cut them all down for the "view." The environmentalist in me (which is strong in many ways) pines at the mere suggestion, no pun intended.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:54 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK's forests have been cut down we are the least forested country in Europe.

Our countryside is suppose to be more than 50% forested but the murderers cut the trees down!

Quote:
No, but if you knock something without trying it properly and experiencing being drunk, then you can't really talk about it the way you do.

This summer it didn't sound like you had a great time lol.. just saying

What? You're saying that pre 1600 there were no trees in NI and they all got imported after Columbus discovered America?
Please read this to see the tree types..
Forests in County Londonderry | nidirect

Its just you don't know what you are doing and could get attacked etc which scares me. I didn't like Orlando because it wasn't very coastal and was full of Spanish speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The Eastern part of North America is naturally tree-covered. Obviously there are areas cleared for agriculture in some parts and development in others, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone seriously suggest that we should cut them all down for the "view." The environmental in me (which is strong in many ways) pines at the mere suggestion, no pun intended.
It would just look awful.. I couldn't think of anything worse! Why would anybody in their right mind want to cut down vast swathes of natural forest for a better view? LOL

Old 10-15-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Its raining...

America really doesn't appeal to me only a few places, like Boston (loved Boston) would like to visit San Francisco, New Orleans, New York and the various national parks Not a random beech resort in Florida though I wouldn't complain if I were too.

Lol plain fields are boring
Well P london I have been to Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, I have seen alot of it and I love it. I am entitled to my opinion... I can't see whats so wrong with Florida how very intolerant of you.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Please read this to see the tree types..
[url=http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/sm/forests-in-county-londonderry]Forests in County Londonderry | nidirect[/url]

Its just you don't know what you are doing and could get attacked etc which scares me. I didn't like Orlando because it wasn't very coastal and was full of Spanish speakers.
If you go to another country you are going to experience different ways of life and cultures whether you like it or not. Spanish people are usually very friendly when I have met them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather