Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 08:07 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times

Advertisements

cloudy on one of the last mild days of the year. and my phone cant load my hourly forecast.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
November sucks. I hate this weather and I cannot wait to move somewhere with year round decent weather. This has to be the most pointless month weatherwise.. nothing interesting ever happens, just boring 13C cool and cloudy conditions day after day.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:44 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSun88 View Post
Jump on the plane and come to my place dude. October saw 16 days above 30C, and while this November is nothing but arctic outbreak after arctic outbreak, average high for the first 10 days is 29C and the cloudiest day so far has registered 10.3 hours of sun! Join me dude, we can have some fun drunken adventures. If you do though, bring your jumper as the next few days will be cold ( highs as low as 21C) as we face an unseasonable massive arctic cold front.
That is way more 30C days then I see in a summer here!

That does sound like an epic climate though! Hot weather is definitely good for drinking, nothing better than sitting outside in the sun slowly catching a tan whilst getting wasted on beer after beer

Old 11-11-2014, 08:49 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Australia is far away.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
It sucks being where you don't want to be - trust me, I've been there myself. Back in 2004 (right about now, actually), when I got news that I'd be able to leave Florida (yes, leave, I HATED the place,) it ranks right up there as one of the happiest days of my life. So yeah, I hope you can find your "paradise" whereever that may be.

Just a question, though - if you're so desperate for snow, why in the heck do you want to move to Florida? It seems that SE Michigan would be the place for you - awesome climate and so, so many things to do, even more so than Atlanta. It's a great place to work, where people can have solid, productive careers, and the people seem really happy there. And you'll get to see plenty of snow each and every winter. Summers are great too, nice and warm and SUNNY - what you prefer, if I'm not mistaken.

Florida, on the other hand is *no place* you wanna work. It's a bunch of mean, back-stabbing arseholes you don't want to be around for five minutes, let alone eight hours a day, five days a week. I couldn't be happier being away from there - ten years on, I'm still giving thanks to the big man upstairs that I don't have to live there anymore.
I want to move however, I am not sure about missing family! I might not cope well!!

I like Florida but not Orlando which is where you lived, want to live in Palm Beach Gardens but i'm not sure, i've not visited all of America. I am desperate to see California!!!

Its getting my parents to fly for that long. Not happening.. Going to Florida killed them.
Anyway I hope it snows soon.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:19 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,562,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
November sucks. I hate this weather and I cannot wait to move somewhere with year round decent weather. This has to be the most pointless month weatherwise.. nothing interesting ever happens, just boring 13C cool and cloudy conditions day after day.
Ditto!

Same in Paris.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSun88 View Post
I will be doing this in January and February. But this November has me worried... cold front after cold front, so far the month is colder than October, with nothing but arctic southerlies in sight and forecast temps well below average. But the sunshine is ****ing endless and frankly I am bored of it. Wouldn't mind an overcast day or two to sleep in hungover LOL. Heck, a day with some rain would be welcome... last rainfall occured during a thunderstorm on the 1st of this month, total 1.4mm.... the last rain before then occured on Oct 7 (0.4mm) when we were grazed by a storm cell. Interestingly, unlike in polar Melbourne, cloudy days here tend to be bought on by tropical incursions, while cold fronts bring clear skies. The marine stratus filth that plagues coastal victoria during cold fronts and seabreezes dies by the time it gets here thank god.

This climate is overall a winner though... currently 17.2C and clear at 3am. while in Melbourne it's 9.8C and cloudy. Some suburbs in Melbourne as as cold as 5C. LOL at Melbourne. Time to go to bed without a shirt on and think about how good I have it compared to my old digs lol
Its colder in Melbourne than here!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
I like September and October if it's warm, but November is just depressing. Darkness falls and you're not used to it, trees are bare, endless cloudy gloomy humid and chilly. For variety it could be nice for two weeks in December, and proper winter after that.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:28 AM

I have nothing to say only

Old 11-11-2014, 09:44 AM

I can't believe its happening again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather