Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:54 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I cut my pinky while cutting carrots for dinner .
my pasta sauce popped all over the microwave!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:56 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times
Guys, dinner was four hours ago.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:01 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Guys, dinner was four hours ago.
Indian people eat dinner quite late. Typically around 9 PM.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:02 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
my pasta sauce popped all over the microwave!
Hate it when that happens. Even worse, my roommate will yell at me.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Indian people eat dinner quite late. Typically around 9 PM.
OK, fair enough. But why should this be decided by ethnicity? You are not eating with anyone that's also Indian, so why have a set dinner time (unless you actually feel like eating then)? I don't automatically eat at a certain time because I'm of European ancestry or whatever. I'll eat when I'm hungry, lol.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,175,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
What is your point here????

Yes I have people working for me, and don't think I sit on my ass all year long I work too, just not as the actual workers do, I did my share of work and it's payed off, I refuse to work like a dog, come PERRO like we would say, for my entire life. I came to this country to change my life, I've done that, I've worked through scorching summers in construction here in SoCal just like my workers and all that sweat that dropped from my face has payed off.

I will continue to wish for hot weather, because one I like it, two I can and its given socs climate it's very possible and three work productivity isn't hurt, like I've said I worked under scorching conditions just like my workers under 110s here in summer and we kept going. I have family that do lawns and gardening in coaches valley, they don't stop working because of daytime summer highs at 110 F, people get used to the heat, we are used to te heat, so me wishing for 100 F when our average summer highs here in avocado heights is mid 90s in summer won't affect us.

Either way I remeber the work days where my throat would be dry as hell , exhausted and dehydrated, those were the sacrifices I took to get where I am. I don't want my workers to feel that tired and hot so I always provide them with a huge ice box with water and drinks... Don't think I just let them work under sh*t conditions. I know how it felt, it wasn't fun.

But back to main issue. Hot weather is my preferred type of weather, I will continue to like it and won't worry about it hurting business.
L.A valley summers have average highs in the 90s and go up to 110 F during heat waves; however the average low is around 60 (colder than anywhere at sea level in East of the Mississippi) and during heat waves it still drops down to around 70. So during the work hours (typicaly 8-5 or 9-6, the first half of the shift (8-noon, temperatures are usually in the 65-80 range even in the peak of summer). Not to mention that the low dewpoints (usually around 50 F but sometimes below 0 F during extreme Santa Anas) make the heat manageable to work outdoors when things heat up into the 90s during the afternoon hours. Summers in NYC or DC would actually be harder to workdoors because both the high dewpoints and it is already hot in the morning.

You're wishcasting L.A to have highs around 120 F in summer and lows in the 80s. That's VERY different from highs of 100 and lows of 65 (typical hottest microclimate in L.A summer day) No one, even the most avid heat lovers, could work outside in 120 F conditions for hours. Iced water would turn into yucky lukewarm water.

If you're such an avid heat lover that you prefer to do hard labor at 120 F over 70 F, you need to volunteer yourself for scientific research at USC or UCLA to how your body tolerates extreme heat (and even prefers it) to comfy room temperature weather when doing strenuous physical activity.

BTW- does your business have a website or any sort of internet public listing or do you just use word of mouth to get clients?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Not to mention that the low dewpoints (usually around 50 F but sometimes below 0 F during extreme Santa Anas) make the heat manageable to work outdoors.
Maybe for you!

Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,175,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Maybe for you!
I actually wish we had summers more like the East Coast for the thunderstorms and higher humidity makes better pool weather but if I was to do hard physical labor, I'd choose a dry 95 F over a humid 85 F anytime. Physical labor makes you SWEAT and you cool off your body far more easily in dry heat than humid heat.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:14 PM

Shall we just say L.A.-Mex is not fiercely logical when it comes to the optimum temperature to do physical labor?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:21 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
I actually wish we had summers more like the East Coast for the thunderstorms and higher humidity makes better pool weather but if I was to do hard physical labor, I'd choose a dry 95 F over a humid 85 F anytime. Physical labor makes you SWEAT and you cool off your body far more easily in dry heat than humid heat.
It's too bad that when you need that sweat to cool off your body, it will already be long gone into the atmosphere. Nothing but piercing sun to continue baking your skin. Plus, I feel short of breath in low humidity so labor on top of that would be miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather