Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 04:17 AM

270 posts, read 481,995 times

Advertisements

Here is the weather forecast for Shandi, Sudan one of the hottest locations on Earth. During 5-6 months, high temperatures soar around 45 °C - 46 °C :

Remind you we are currently in March, and this isn't the hottest month at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,955,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpactionreplay View Post
Here is the weather forecast for Shandi, Sudan one of the hottest locations on Earth. During 5-6 months, high temperatures soar around 45 °C - 46 °C :

Remind you we are currently in March, and this isn't the hottest month at all.
Different sites are giving different forecasts for that city you mentioned in Sudan. It's best to go with the WMO's climate data or the countries meteorological agency (if it has one) as they are the most reliable.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:08 PM

What's the longest 40C+(104F) and 45C+(113F) period in Death Valley?

Old 03-07-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
Different sites are giving different forecasts for that city you mentioned in Sudan. It's best to go with the WMO's climate data or the countries meteorological agency (if it has one) as they are the most reliable.

I asked some people and they told me Wunderground site was a very reliable site of weather forecasts in any part of the world. In Fact, I've just checked the forecast again for the same place, and it's a bit different but still, it remains in the 44 - 46 °C range. I've also checked the full forecast for this week for Dallol, Ethiopia and it will be between 41 and 44 °C.

Screenshoots :

Last edited by Special_Finder; 03-07-2015 at 01:33 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
What's the longest 40C+(104F) and 45C+(113F) period in Death Valley?

The greatest number of consecutive days with a maximum temperature of 100 °F (38 °C) or above was 154 days in the summer of 2001. The summer of 1996 had 40 days over 120 °F (49 °C), and 105 days over 110 °F (43 °C). The summer of 1917 had 52 days where the temperature reached 120 °F (49 °C) or above with 43 of them consecutive.
From Wikipedia : Death Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-07-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I asked some people and they told me Wunderground site was a very reliable site of weather forecasts in any part of the world. In Fact, I've just checked the forecast again for the same place, and it's a bit different but still, it remains in the 44 - 46 °C range. I've also checked the full forecast for this week for Dallol, Ethiopia and it will be between 41 and 44 °C.

Screenshoots :
Dallol is definitely not 100% accurate, but those are pretty much the average temperatures there at this time of the year. Though the 1960-66 average high for March was 38.9C, it might just have gotten hotter. What site is that by the way. It'd be interesting to see the June-August forecasts there

Dallol, and several places in Chad and Sudan are the hottest places on Earth at this time of the year.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:42 PM

269 posts, read 237,704 times
Quote:
Dallol is definitely not 100% accurate, but those are pretty much the average temperatures there at this time of the year. Though the 1960-66 average high for March was 38.9C, it might just have gotten hotter. What site is that by the way. It'd be interesting to see the June-August forecasts there

Dallol, and several places in Chad and Sudan are the hottest places on Earth at this time of the year.
That site is weather.com.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:

This site is the Weather Channel, it's as accurate as Wunderground. Yeah, it might be interesting to see the temperatures during the summertime over there. Currently, the hottest places on Earth are found throughout the Sahel, especially in Mali, Chad and Sudan.
http://www.weather.com/

Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 AM

Quote:
This site is the Weather Channel, it's as accurate as Wunderground. Yeah, it might be interesting to see the temperatures during the summertime over there. Currently, the hottest places on Earth are found throughout the Sahel, especially in Mali, Chad and Sudan.
http://www.weather.com/
Thanks. For the meantime it is the Sahel that's very hot. But in May and June, Dallol will be the hottest place, Death Valley in July, and then Kuwait in August and September.

I improved the document and colour coded the highs so its easier to see. Orange indicates 40-44.9C and red indicates 45C or above, which only 4 places see. Well now it isn't uploading so damn

Old 03-08-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks. For the meantime it is the Sahel that's very hot. But in May and June, Dallol will be the hottest place, Death Valley in July, and then Kuwait in August and September.

I improved the document and colour coded the highs so its easier to see. Orange indicates 40-44.9C and red indicates 45C or above, which only 4 places see. Well now it isn't uploading so damn

Yeah, I agree with you for the hottest places in summer but don't forget places in the heart of the Algerian Desert such as Adrar and In Salah that get very hot in July and August.
However, it seems the hottest place in the Sahara Desert during the summetime is a remote desert village in Algeria called Bou Bernous, which seems to have an average high temperature of about 47 °C in July (I'm not really sure of the reliability). Here the PDF source, go to page 6 to see the graph of temperatures for that location : http://www.geo.uu.nl/tsrp/Ontbrekend...and%20cold.pdf

For your document, can you eventually make a screenshoot, please?

Last edited by Special_Finder; 03-08-2015 at 04:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather