Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,554,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
Rain caused Landslides that washed away homes on foothill comunities, and caused flash floods so pretty strong to anyone who lives in SoCal that hasnt seen any intense rain in quite some time
What direction did the rain come from -off the sea, or the mountains?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 12:10 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,464,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
What direction did the rain come from -off the sea, or the mountains?
from desert

Old 08-27-2014, 06:16 PM

98 F the highest today, in SGV (Glendora), and San Bernardino. followed by Lake Forest (Irvine) at 97 F ... etc

Old 08-28-2014, 06:10 PM

102 F was the highest today

Old 08-29-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheat View Post
So, it's NOT a monsoon then. Many places in the world get "remnants" of weather systems originating elsewhere, so hate to break it to you, it's not unique to LA. THe British Isles and Atlantic Canada for example often get the remnants of hurricanes born out of monsoonal weather patterns, but they correctly don't refer to those events as "monsoons". It's not about talking ****, its about using incorrect terminology to describe your weather patterns.

I fondly recall you posting Wunderground data for your friend's house with numerous 80's, 90's and even a couple of 100's in December and January

I'm sure the post still exists somewhere. Good for a laugh.

Well that half-dead coconut palm at Newport Beach apparently makes LA a hot, humid climate with winters in the 90's

If you knew how to read, you'd realise that I said that SF DOES NOT REPRESENT THE CLIMATE OF THE ENTIRE BAY AREA. About 95% of the bay area is warmer than SF, but no point in schooling someone as parochial as you. The world ends at San Bernardino.

How do you figure that LA will get more and more storms every summer? Can you see into the future?
of course its not, neither are the storms you see in phoenix, they are just called that, so i call them that too, is there a problem?

not a single 100F day, multiple 80s eith 90s there, because this past winter was a really warm one with multile days in the 80s in december and january, and even some 90s scattered in between, and thats a fact.

that Coconut palm is very much alive i frequent it very often since my parents live in the area. Like it or not 90s in winter here is not uncommon.

oh yes, beacuase oakland is 2 degrees warmer and so is much of the bayfront regions with exception of the two extremes of the bay area. 2 degrees will hardly make the difference.

that is my prediction, i have an entitlement to my prediction, the same way that you kept babbling on and on of a potential El Nino strom, you made a handful of threads predicting the strength of it, if it would happen, when would it happen, etc. so who are you to tell me that i cant predict, or "see the future". so please tell me how many trees will be knocked down by the el nino storm? please

Old 08-29-2014, 06:13 PM

104 F the highest today in LA Area

Old 08-30-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, there is. A couple days of rain is not a monsoon.

Ofcourse, it's easy to get warm winters when you record your temps on your friend's south-facing blacktop driveway

LOL that palm is about as stunted as your intelligence. Plus it's against a building at what looks like an intersection, so there is plenty of artificial heat being generated there, just like at your friend's weather station.

Hate to break it to ya, but LA's coastal areas are not exactly the sauna you like to make it out to be. LAX's warmest month has a high of only 75F and would be even lower on the immediate coast.
I said its not a monsoon, get over it, i call it that because that's the terms people in the desert call this season. end of this monsoon talk

like it or not LA Area stations all have 90s in winter months, coast and inland, we also have the highest record temps for winter, look at the facts, try contradicting those.

yeah but LAX is one of the coolest beaches, LAX to Redondo is the coolest in the LA Coast. look at long beach, even your home San Jose, that hot place with jungles of palms isnt hotter than this coastal town, so I hate to break it to ya.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:

LOL that palm is about as stunted as your intelligence. Plus it's against a building at what looks like an intersection, so there is plenty of artificial heat being generated there, just like at your friend's weather station.

no artificial heat, all the warmth it gets is from the sun, it provides little protection since that breeze comes in straight at it, the building doest block the breeze, it doesnt block the sunlight either, it hits it straight in the face.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:24 PM

104 F highest again

Old 08-30-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Still doesn't make it correct.

Yeah, you might get a couple here and there, I get that, but not days and days of it like your so-called data shows. Considering that 90F is higther than the average summer high in downtown LA, I would expect 90's to be the exception rather than rule in winter.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Can't imagine Redondo would be too different than Santa Monica. Both closer to the beach than LAX.

Santa Monica, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, San Jose has colder summers than that LOL. You really are talking out of your parochial ass now.

Pariochial, hahaha. youre bit**y ass doesnt stand that the southern half of CA actually enjoys their weather while you up North are constantly crying about it, ohh its too cold, its to foggy, not enough thunder, its too gloomy, oh the sun, oh the frost, not enough heat, oh this, ohh that.

well its true that Santa Monica and Redondo are different in terms of temps. SaMo is actually much warmer than those stats, that is taken litterally 800 feet into the pacific ocean, On the pier.

that is historical data with hundereds of years of data gathered. all days in Dec, Jan, and Feb there is the record high for the day is in 80s or 90s. I never said 90s for all 3 months straight i said 90s can occur multiple times in winter, you take multiple as an entire 3 months.

and "Downtown LA" station is in South LA actually, in Exposition Park/USC, Downtown is warmer than EXPO park, cause its more inland and urban heat has a strong effect on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather