Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 12:01 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,219,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I would not be too concerned about NYC. I was there with fairly young (pre-teen) kids earlier this year and took the subway and walked around all over the place until 1 am or later some nights. It's a big city for sure but nothing to be worried about really.
NYC is definitely much safer than it was in the 70s and 80s. Started turning around in the 90s. Of course vigilance and street smarts are still necessary, especially with crazy drivers and bikers everywhere.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:03 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,205,892 times
Well I don't know if I would appreciate the crowded streets.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Last time I was there I sure didn't. Especially in Times Square, it's one of those things that makes NYC unbearable for me even to visit. And forget about living there... for me at least. Not a city person at all.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Well there's over 8 million people there so you're going to have to contend with that.

NYC is really overrated IMO. Maybe it's because I live nearby, but I don't even go there that often. There are far nicer cities in the US and around the world. NYC is a mess. Dirty and smelly with garbage everywhere, rude and obnoxious people, etc. I could live in a city, but definitely not NYC. When walking down the street, you're often randomly struck with what smells like a leaky sewage pipe. I ate at an outdoor restaurant there this summer and it smelled like horse urine. Killed my appetite.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Last time I was there I sure didn't. Especially in Times Square, it's one of those things that makes NYC unbearable for me even to visit. And forget about living there... for me at least. Not a city person at all.
I know. I love America but couldn't live in the cities.

Love love love south Florida and would definitely live there but the crowded streets and blocked up buildings are too much.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Well there's over 8 million people there so you're going to have to contend with that.

NYC is really overrated IMO. Maybe it's because I live nearby, but I don't even go there that often. There are far nicer cities in the US and around the world. NYC is a mess. Dirty and smelly with garbage everywhere, rude and obnoxious people, etc. I could live in a city, but definitely not NYC. When walking down the street, you're often randomly struck with what smells like a leaky sewage pipe. I ate at an outdoor restaurant there this summer and it smelled like horse urine. Killed my appetite.
I've been to London and it was fine.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
I know. I love America but couldn't live in the cities.

Love love love south Florida and would definitely live there but the crowded streets and blocked up buildings are too much.
You want amenities amenities, but you're not willing to live in places that have amenities. You hate monotonous hot weather, constant rain, like snow, yet you love Florida and wouldn't live anywhere else in the US. Why do you choose to mentally abuse yourself?

Old 11-26-2014, 12:22 PM

What???

Old 11-26-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I've been to London and it was fine.
I can't comment on London. Perhaps someone who's been to both cities could compare. I have a feeling that it's cleaner than NYC, but I could be wrong. The only city I've been to that's dirtier than NYC is Paterson, NJ, which is poor and has a high crime rate, but that's not the best comparison since Paterson is much smaller.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I can't comment on London. Perhaps someone who's been to both cities could compare. I have a feeling that it's cleaner than NYC, but I could be wrong. The only city I've been to that's dirtier than NYC is Paterson, NJ, which is poor and has a high crime rate.
London's definitely cleaner than NYC. The Underground is much cleaner and isn't a garbage can like the NYC subway. THe only issue I had with London is why the hell the lights flicker and turn off on the trains when they are in motion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather