Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 05:25 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,663,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Check out the latest CFSv2 run for the month of December

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/with_replies
Hope it's true. They need some cold in the southern states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 06:28 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
Please read.

https://forum.netweather.tv/blog/237...eturn-to-cold/

Not sure what to think. I don't see any cold in the gfs. I am worried cold in America will send mild here like last year.

Already it is very cold there below its average!!!

Old 11-02-2014, 06:31 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
How accurate is that map?

I don't think that much of Manitoba is covered, probably much less than the map shows.

Here are some webcams from Lynn Lake(56.5N),Norway House(53.5N), Flin Flon(54.5N).

All three of those locations according to your map are snow covered, that definitely is not the case.
Apparently that was the wrong image. Here's the updated one. Rutgers University Climate Lab :: Global Snow Lab

But I don't know how they grab the data between Rutgers SnowLab above and NOAA below. I understand we don't have stations everywhere to give us snow depth/cover, but cant they use the same Satellite?? Maybe their programs interpret and plot it differently?

NOAA seems more accurate.

Snowpack as of this morning.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:07 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,663,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Apparently that was the wrong image. Here's the updated one. Rutgers University Climate Lab :: Global Snow Lab

But I don't know how they grab the data between Rutgers SnowLab above and NOAA below. I understand we don't have stations everywhere to give us snow depth/cover, but cant they use the same Satellite?? Maybe their programs interpret and plot it differently?

NOAA seems more accurate.

Snowpack as of this morning.

Yeah that is more believable. Maybe another 2 weeks and I would believe it.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:59 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Discussion from NWS Paducah Kentucky. I think their seeing it too. Uh Oh. Get your woolies out!

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY
520 AM CST Mon Nov 3 2014

With the continual north or northwest flow aloft, temperatures trend cooler through the extended forecast period. By next weekend, we could see temperatures some 10 to 15 degrees below normal.
Winter seems to have arrived a bit early. If this pattern persists, we may be dealing with another rather extreme Winter.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:24 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Discussion from NWS Paducah Kentucky. I think their seeing it too. Uh Oh. Get your woolies out!

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY
520 AM CST Mon Nov 3 2014

With the continual north or northwest flow aloft, temperatures trend cooler through the extended forecast period. By next weekend, we could see temperatures some 10 to 15 degrees below normal.
Winter seems to have arrived a bit early. If this pattern persists, we may be dealing with another rather extreme Winter.
Don't worry Cambium, I have concluded that you'll get your very best wishes granted once and for all I just don't know what else to say at this point in this charade of yours.:rolleyes.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:30 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
I give up, all I have to say is that I heard that this winter is supposed to be Way Worse than last winter, but a northwesterly flow usually leads to a very dry weather pattern in the central united states, a set up for record drought and record heat that will blow the dust bowl and 2012 away? We shall see.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:26 PM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
^^

Blow the Dust Bowl away? Heat? Where did you here this?

Old 11-03-2014, 04:58 PM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
SST analog anamolies continue to show cold in the mid latitudes

Old 11-03-2014, 05:14 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
I don't care what anyone says, from my experience when the eastern US is cold, western Europe is warm.

Weather Extremes : Record Warmth in Western Europe/Record Cold and Snow in Eastern U.S.</big | Weather Underground

Record Warmth in Western Europe/Record Cold and Snow in Eastern U.S.
The first weekend of November has brought an interesting contrast of weather regimes between the Eastern U.S. and Western Europe. All-time November warmth enveloped portions of Western Europe while the Eastern U.S. endured an early season snowstorm and some daily record low temperatures (in the Southeast).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather