Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 05:51 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,066 times

Advertisements

London from Monday 11th November

http://i.imgur.com/DqBIM4j.jpg

St James's Park

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7531/...b94a48b4_b.jpg

Last edited by irlinit; 11-12-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 05:59 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
London from Monday 11th November
lol Gotta love London

Old 11-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
lol Gotta love London
Love it! If only the climate was better

Old 11-12-2014, 07:13 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Great photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Quite different from the crowded Riviera. Also different weather, it was 4°C around sunset. Feels wintry coming from the balmy coast. One can see snow to the right in the background.
Brr. Haven't had an evening ride in weather that cold yet. Might have had that yesterday morning.

Quote:
The local fauna
Looks like local fauna is friendly and doesn't run away if approached too close. The fauna in Ithaca followed me a few times. Found a few friendly ones in Philadelphia, too. Spanish fauna was unfriendly.

Quote:
Looks like November doesn't it?
What November should be. Seems strange all those shots are further north than me. Nice light on some of those, especially the ones after the 750 m village. And that's a steep gradient from the sea!

Quote:
This olive tree to the left is at least 2,000 years old, maybe up to 2,800 yo.
Didn't know olive trees could be that old.

Quote:
Cloudy skies over the sunniest French city:

This shot has "good" stratus clouds.

a bit of light peeking through shining on the green, clouds got some shape. Fits with the greenery. Won't want it everyday, but more interesting photo-wise than monotonous blue sky.

Quote:
Looks like western Brittany, 1350 km away:
Favorite shot:

Old 11-12-2014, 09:33 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
another bike ride. Last decent weather for a ride I might get for the season. Mid to upper 30s when I started an hour after sunrise. Jackets help, but my ears were getting cold. After twenty minutes or so it didn't feel as bad, maybe moving got my circulation going. Had to keep stopping every now and then to take off / but on a layer. 35 minutes into ride, after going up a short hill.

After having brunch in a town I passed through, saw the Veteran's Day Parade. Most veteran looked rather old

this tree is behind in its leaf loss

Gah. Gloomy the whole morning. Going to be hard for the November sun to break through the clouds.

getting a bit sunnier

same view mid May

Spoiler

sun!

feels more open with the leaves, more lighted. Why do some posters think late autumn should be cloudy? Now warmer, almost 60°F. Ride weather reminded me of the ones I did in and near San Francisco in December, though it was sunnier then. Why can't this be normal winter weather?

see mid october 2013:

Spoiler

which way? Right fork is my route. Left goes back to the river where I had ridden earlier, as I found out in another ride.

local fauna

Spoiler

ugh clouds came back

same view, different season

Spoiler

mid May 2014

leaves just finishing coming out. Beginning of the season. Now it's the end.

mid October 2013

layer of stratus clouds, but mostly overcast

Old 11-13-2014, 08:35 AM

^

Nice pictures! Many of them could easily look like countryside in the UK

Old 11-13-2014, 02:49 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,727,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Great pics!
Thanks! Have you moved up north yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
This shot has "good" stratus clouds.

a bit of light peeking through shining on the green, clouds got some shape. Fits with the greenery. Won't want it everyday, but more interesting photo-wise than monotonous blue sky.
Thanks! I think that this type of overcast is my least favorite cloudscape. I prefer uniform overcast, sunny or partly sunny. I assume the Med area doesn't get the uniform stratus layer often.

Quote:
After having brunch in a town I passed through, saw the Veteran's Day Parade. Most veteran looked rather old
Seen them on Tuesday morning too, though there were fewer people as the locality I was in was smaller. Neat late autumn light on some of your pics. That's exactly how early November should look like to me. The May 2014 view looks like April in Paris. How many days/weeks behind the normal schedule? The growing season was short there.

A few pics I hadn't posted. Cloudy skies for a change.

Big rain fall totals mean that waterfalls and streams are running high:

Some fall foliage there, feels exotic coming from Evergreenland

Rubbish weather

Clouds are low

Spoiler

Another gorge

Old 11-14-2014, 09:56 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Since the coast only saw flurries with no sticking I had to take a drive 20-40 minutes north.

Got to Danbury 20 minutes away and right away you saw snow sticking in spots and the snowcapped hills in the backdrop. Elevation about 500 feet. Was fun seeing cars come the opposite way with snow on them.

Closer towards Litchfield about 600'.

Keep in mind this was at 8:30am. The sun has been beaming for at least an hour now. passing through towns with light accumulation. (probably had 1-2" before the melting)

Litchfield, CT. Elevation about 700'

At the State Park now. What a beautiful sight. Very relaxing. Temp at freezing.

3" accumulations in spots on the hill in shaded areas. Generally 2". So probably 3" was the total up here. Elevation 1100'

Heavy wet snow in the sun now.

Cant beat this...except with deeper snowpack. lol

At the top facing NY and MA. Nice lightly snowcapped hills. 1300' where I'm standing.

By 11am all snow melted below 600 feet, temp was 40°F with full sun.

Last edited by Cambium; 11-14-2014 at 10:06 AM..

Old 11-14-2014, 10:11 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
Quote:
another bike ride. Last decent weather for a ride I might get for the season. Mid to upper 30s when I started an hour after sunrise. Jackets help, but my ears were getting cold. After twenty minutes or so it didn't feel as bad, maybe moving got my circulation going. Had to keep stopping every now and then to take off / but on a layer. 35 minutes into ride, after going up a short hill.

this tree is behind in its leaf loss

Gah. Gloomy the whole morning. Going to be hard for the November sun to break through the clouds.

getting a bit sunnier

same view mid May

sun!

feels more open with the leaves, more lighted. Why do some posters think late autumn should be cloudy? Now warmer, almost 60°F. Ride weather reminded me of the ones I did in and near San Francisco in December, though it was sunnier then. Why can't this be normal winter weather?

see mid october 2013:

which way? Right fork is my route. Left goes back to the river where I had ridden earlier, as I found out in another ride.

local fauna

Spoiler

ugh clouds came back

same view, different season

Spoiler

mid May 2014

leaves just finishing coming out. Beginning of the season. Now it's the end.

mid October 2013

layer of stratus clouds, but mostly overcast
Well there ain't no sign of this record breaking cold there. Warmer than here.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:13 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Since the coast only saw flurries with no sticking I had to take a drive 20-40 minutes north.

Got to Danbury 20 minutes away and right away you saw snow sticking in spots and the snowcapped hills in the backdrop. Elevation about 500 feet. Was fun seeing cars come the opposite way with snow on them.

Closer towards Litchfield about 600'.

Keep in mind this was at 8:30am. The sun has been beaming for at least an hour now. passing through towns with light accumulation. (probably had 1-2" before the melting)

Litchfield, CT. Elevation about 700'

At the State Park now. What a beautiful sight. Very relaxing. Temp at freezing.

3" accumulations in spots on the hill in shaded areas. Generally 2". So probably 3" was the total up here. Elevation 1100'

Heavy wet snow in the sun now.

Cant beat this...except with deeper snowpack. lol

At the top facing NY and MA. Nice lightly snowcapped hills. 1300' where I'm standing.

By 11am all snow melted below 600 feet, temp was 40°F with full sun.
omg I wouldn't want that snow, its gonna be gone quick but can't wait to it snows here properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather