Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 05:53 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,563,057 times

Advertisements

There never was a heatwave to begin with - just temps in the low-mid 20s with sunshine. Where do people get these crackpot ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 05:54 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,685,075 times
Hence why I put "heatwave" it in inverted commas.... but indeed at one point a few charts did show the possibility of 30°C temperatures briefly. However for here it was always going to be a mild week with highs of 16C in Buxton early September and 20-22 in other places, quite normal, I certainly didn't say anything about heatwaves, the netweather lot were doing all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Where do people get these crackpot ideas?
You had better not be referring to me in that question because it comes across like a bit of a backhanded insult if you are - you're quite good at those.

Last edited by MeteoMan; 08-29-2014 at 06:02 PM..

Old 08-30-2014, 10:02 AM

13,476 posts, read 9,017,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Show me how I was antagonistic in my question to B87? It sounds as if you are mad that I just questioned the assertion he made? How come? Are you mad that I simply asked the question? Or are you more upset that his assertion turned out to be false?
The tone of all of your posts are antagonistic, especially when replying to UK forum members. You know what you are doing, it is called baiting, for a reaction. It is quite obvious to everyone to see, so please stop with the innocent act...

Quote:
But you seem to care when I express my opinions of oceanic climates. You always get so defensive. It's not like I insulted the Queen of England man....
No it isn't about your opinion, I couldn't care less about what you think of 'X' climate, the issue I have is in how you respond, again your posts are clearly done to wind up & bait other users. You can give an opinion without the added sarcasm, pi** taking & belittling comments...

Quote:
You sure that wasn't part of your decision? I recall you saying that part of the reason you were moving was that it didn't snow or get frost in Malta
No. There were a number of reasons why we moved to Malta, my partner is half Maltese & had always wanted to move here... The climate is an added bonus, but I would never move somewhere just because I liked the climate...

Old 08-30-2014, 11:14 AM

29,493 posts, read 19,594,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
The tone of all of your posts are antagonistic, especially when replying to UK forum members. You know what you are doing, it is called baiting, for a reaction. It is quite obvious to everyone to see, so please stop with the innocent act...
If B87 didn't make the statement that London sees 40C humidex days every summer (which surprised me, when I read it) I wouldn't have questioned or reacted to it.

Quote:
No it isn't about your opinion, I couldn't care less about what you think of 'X' climate, the issue I have is in how you respond, again your posts are clearly done to wind up & bait other users. You can give an opinion without the added sarcasm, pi** taking & belittling comments...

If asking questions on the validity of claims being made is bating and belittling then fine, I am guilty.

The mere fact that anyone would feel belittled if someone says that the climate that they live in sucks means that they are lacking in self esteem.

Quote:
No. There were a number of reasons why we moved to Malta, my partner is half Maltese & had always wanted to move here... The climate is an added bonus, but I would never move somewhere just because I liked the climate...

I didn't say you moved to Malta specifically because of the climate (even though many people do that, including my mother in law). I said I remember reading a post where you stated it was part of your decision to move....

Found it..... Here this is what I remember you saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Valletta. As has been said the record low there is +1.2C! It never gets 'cold' in winter, (well compared to the UK at least), doesn't snow, has long hot sunny summers & mild winters where daytime temperatures can get up to around 20C...

This is one of the reasons why we are moving to Malta (other reasons too) hopefully by the end of the year/early next year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather