Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 09:53 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,205,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Well nowhere is going to be like NI is it.. NI is very different from England for a start, yet alone anywhere else.

If you go abroad, it is going to be different
England is really the same as here. I was quite surprised at that town though, I thought Cambridgeshire would be really populated but really it was all FLAT fields with pigs in them.

LOL.. sorry to generalise but its the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:54 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Yea and Spain's got a lot of British tourists, in fact I would argue to many!
Unfortunately, but if you pick the right places you can avoid them

Old 10-29-2014, 09:54 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Front View Post
Just don't move to Melbourne or especially southwest Victoria, the climate is almost as **** as Northern Ireland!
Melbourne sounds like an improvement over much of New England, let alone anywhere in the UK. But I think you knew that.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:55 AM

41 posts, read 32,955 times
Summerwhale.... you did not answer my question. Is your A380 certified for IFR, and more importantly, does it come with a bar like the Emirates versions?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Yea and Spain's got a lot of British tourists, in fact I would argue to many!
When we goto Spain we stay in golf resorts ,we don't go near those dumpy towns. All you will get is English louts running half naked up and down the streets shouting and roaring all night/day.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
When we goto Spain we stay in golf resorts and we don't go near those dumpy towns.
All the towns looked like they were in good shape there. Maybe some rural villages but otherwise?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Their pizza appeared strange, crispy and not enough tomato sauce. I didn't risk trying it. Didn't see much steak, just ham, ham, and ham. I couldn't figure out how to turn the hotel lights on every switch didn't work. Had to ask at the desk and the guy thought I was dumb: put the card in the slot…how would you have ever guess that was connected to lights
Our food is more like American food than Spanish, at least from what I seen in Publix. And yes all you see in Spain is ham, their butchers aren't like British/American butchers they fricken stink with all the meat hanging upside down!! They don't seem to use fridges either because all of their meat is covered in this yucky dry residue.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:57 AM

41 posts, read 32,955 times
Quote:
Melbourne sounds like an improvement over much of New England, let alone anywhere in the UK. But I think you knew that.
If we're talking about winter, then certainly. But summer, I'm not so sure. Seems like New England gets more humidity, warmer lows/highs and more thunderstorms in summer, although the record highs are lower and temps over 35C seem to be less frequent. From what I understand, our average lows would be considered "cold" during a New England summer.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:58 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Their pizza appeared strange, crispy and not enough tomato sauce. I didn't risk trying it. Didn't see much steak, just ham, ham, and ham. I couldn't figure out how to turn the hotel lights on every switch didn't work. Had to ask at the desk and the guy thought I was dumb: put the card in the slot…how would you have ever guess that was connected to lights
I have always loved pizzas in France, Italy and Spain! In fact they are pretty much the same as you get in restaurants here, looking like this:

http://www.alfornokingston.com/image...lian-pizza.jpg

I guess in Spain steak might be more rare, but you can certainly find it, whenever I eat out on holiday when I go to Europe, there are always pasta, pizza and meat dishes that include steak, beef or chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
England is really the same as here. I was quite surprised at that town though, I thought Cambridgeshire would be really populated but really it was all FLAT fields with pigs in them.
England is nothing like NI. NI is lowly populated, different weather and mostly green farmland.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I have always loved pizzas in France, Italy and Spain! In fact they are pretty much the same as you get in restaurants here, looking like this:

I guess in Spain steak might be more rare, but you can certainly find it, whenever I eat out on holiday when I go to Europe, there are always pasta, pizza and meat dishes that include steak, beef or chicken.

England is nothing like NI. NI is lowly populated, different weather and mostly green farmland.
Have you even been to NI? Yes of course it is less populated but we are strikingly similar to parts of GB, at least Scotland anyway.

Streetview here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.12...aXteuWa8oQ!2e0

Streetview Scotland:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.06...OCztmpaEtA!2e0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather