Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is most similar?
Aberdeen's climate is most similar to London. 29 67.44%
Bilbao's climate is most similar to London. 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 05:46 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
yeah - we know about the temp difference in winter Lond v Bilbao - that's why Bilbao wins that deal - but i was talking about the Scillies with a very similar climate junter .
Very similar climate to who? To London maybe.

Scilly and Bilbao are a world apart tho. London is much more similar to Bilbao than Scilly! Scilly haven't got a summer, London at least has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 03:55 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,370,816 times
good point, Scilly may be more similar to London because of the lower rainfall and higher sunshine in both .

Maybe Bilbao too wet

Old 06-29-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
good point, Scilly may be more similar to London because of the lower rainfall and higher sunshine in both .

Maybe Bilbao too wet
A few more hours of sun lmao, but yes, sunnier at all.

Noo bro, Bilbao too warm for both is the most accurate statement.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:49 PM

Junter , maybe - but sunnier and drier is two factors - slightly warmer is just the one factor .

so Scilly nearer to London and Bilbao far too wet is the correct answer

Old 06-29-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Junter , maybe - but sunnier and drier is two factors - slightly warmer is just the one factor .

so Scilly nearer to London and Bilbao far too wet is the correct answer
slightly warmer ayy lmao are you serious or it's simply banter? slightly warmer

3.4ºC warmer than London, 3ºC warmer than Scilly. Bilbao is far, far warmer than anywhere in the UK lmao...

lol, Madrid has an annual temp of 15ºC and Valencia 18.3ºC, Valencia is far warmer than Madrid, 3.3ºC are a world apart pmsl

SC de Tenerife has a mean temp of 21.7ºC being just +3.4ºC and it's a world apart too, San Diego and San Francisco have a difference of 3.4ºC year round and it's a world apart, just as Bilbao and London...

Besides, it's normal, for the latitude. Also the temperatures feel warmer in Bilbao, much warmer, for the sun angle due to the latitude. lol, are you serious or it's simply banter? i'm worrying now lol. Bilbao is slightly warmer than San Francisco, to put an example, and San Francisco has even warmer winters. Besides, year round is slightly warmer. But comparing Bilbao to anywhere in the UK? Not even close, lmao.

same happens with Bilbao and anywhere in the UK, i.e. Scilly, London... you can put if you want from tomorrow extended camps of oranges near Bilbao and they will grown up fast, do that in Scilly

Old 06-29-2017, 05:02 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
You two get a room

Old 06-29-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
slightly warmer ayy lmao are you serious or it's simply banter? slightly warmer

3.4ºC warmer than London, 3ºC warmer than Scilly. Bilbao is far, far warmer than anywhere in the UK lmao...

lol, Madrid has an annual temp of 15ºC and Valencia 18.3ºC, Valencia is far warmer than Madrid, 3.3ºC are a world apart pmsl

SC de Tenerife has a mean temp of 21.7ºC being just +3.4ºC and it's a world apart too, San Diego and San Francisco have a difference of 3.4ºC year round and it's a world apart, just as Bilbao and London...

Besides, it's normal, for the latitude. Also the temperatures feel warmer in Bilbao, much warmer, for the sun angle due to the latitude. lol, are you serious or it's simply banter? i'm worrying now lol. Bilbao is slightly warmer than San Francisco, to put an example, and San Francisco has even warmer winters. Besides, year round is slightly warmer. But comparing Bilbao to anywhere in the UK? Not even close, lmao.

same happens with Bilbao and anywhere in the UK, i.e. Scilly, London... you can put if you want from tomorrow extended camps of oranges near Bilbao and they will grown up fast, do that in Scilly
Bilbao rains a lot - so has a worst climate than London obviously - after all ,LONDON is one of the most despised ,hated climates in the whole world because of the mildness ,non winters ,lack of snow , cloud and (imagined) rain and the lack of any prolonged or extensive heat - something in reality Bilbao gets plenty of (and volume as well as rain days) (and everything else mentioned) AND cool cloudy summers to boot.

So if LONDONS clmiate which is so hated for the above reasons is just about the worst in the world - then Bilbao must be the worst climate of ALL ,yes ?

people can't have it both ways - either LONDON and BILBAO have terrible climates hated the world over ,or they are both ok ? which is it ha ! because it seems to me for all Londons negatives , Bilbao has even more negatives

Old 06-29-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Bilbao rains a lot - so has a worst climate than London obviously - after all ,LONDON is one of the most despised ,hated climates in the whole world because of the mildness ,non winters ,lack of snow , cloud and (imagined) rain and the lack of any prolonged or extensive heat - something in reality Bilbao gets plenty of (and volume as well as rain days) (and everything else mentioned) AND cool cloudy summers to boot.

So if LONDONS clmiate which is so hated for the above reasons is just about the worst in the world - then Bilbao must be the worst climate of ALL ,yes ?

people can't have it both ways - either LONDON and BILBAO have terrible climates hated the world over ,or they are both ok ? which is it ha ! because it seems to me for all Londons negatives , Bilbao has even more negatives
You're wrong: Bilbao has much more liveable temps tho, it hasn't got those cool rainy days which you mention and much better summers, real summers to be honest... plus many months with warm average highs, 6 to be specific. Bilbao has quite sunnier winters than London, that is a very important plus. And Bilbao is not even that rainy climate, lots of climates have +3.000mm of rain year round, lmao.

Bilbao gets more rain, yes. But have you seen the rainy days in both? Not a world apart. Have you seen the winter sunshine (the most important?) Bilbao gets quite more winter sunshine.

London barely has in overall +20 sunshine hours yearly. Bilbao is not hated, idk about London. Bilbao gets a hotter sun for the latitude, much warmer temps in winter and pretty warmer in summer...
Bilbao has a way better climate than London: it's much warmer in the winter, it's much warmer in the summer, has a real warm season, nice autumn... and hasn't got cool summer days lol.

Bilbao has a pretty nice climate. It has too much rain, yes, probably, but still has nice liveable temps. Not my cup of tea, like I said for me it's a C climate, but i'm sure that many people would like it a lot.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:04 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
London actually has something approaching a real winter. Bibao has better summers, albeit wetter, but I think that London is the more balanced climate overall.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
London actually has something approaching a real winter. Bibao has better summers, albeit wetter, but I think that London is the more balanced climate overall.
Bilbao has very cloudy summers though , which London (and Paris) gets slated for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather