Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are they?
Yes 1 16.67%
Ja 4 66.67%
Kyllä 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 11:50 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times

Advertisements

FIGHT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 11:56 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Saying London's longest run of rainless days was 76 days instead of 73?
Taking the dates of the first / latest 20C of the year for the whole country and trying to pass them off as London's?
Saying this was almost definitely going to be the dullest November on record without even looking up what the record was?
Saying in your 'London 2014' sandbox that Heathrow got to 32C when we've already established it only got to 30.3C?
LOL really are you going to nitpick that badly?

1- The 76 days was a mistake as I was browsing old threads and saw it a few days before I posted that, you really think I would add an extra 3 days on purpose to make London seem like a desert?! 3 days really!?!?

2- As I already said, I took the first 68F day to compare it to the Americans and so rounded up a 67.5F value or whatever it was. As a weather enthusiast you should know that it is important to measure in the same units when comparing climates

3- I already knew the record was about 39 hours. At the point of posting we were on 31 hours, and the forecast for the next week had 2 hours of sunshine. Now with one day remaining, we are at 41 hours with tomorrow being cloudy, so yes we will be within a couple of hours of recording the dullest November on record! I said at the time it would be close to the record, and it is! So what is your point here, do explain Oh, I am trying to make London seem duller than it is? Because of course that would suit an agenda I have to make London seem like Torshavn, I get you

4- I never said the climate box was for Heathrow, it was for London as a whole. I know that Heathrow only got to 30.3C and I have said that in multiple posts since that, saying how we only managed one 30C day this year.

You could also add all the mistake I added that made London seem colder than it is, but you already have a prejudice opinion against me so of course you wouldn't

I look forward to you nitpicking at my future posts

Old 11-29-2014, 11:58 AM

What has ben got against you? LOL

Old 11-29-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What has ben got against you? LOL
North/south rivalry probably

Old 11-29-2014, 12:03 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
LOL really are you going to nitpick that badly?

1- The 76 days was a mistake as I was browsing old threads and saw it a few days before I posted that, you really think I would add an extra 3 days on purpose to make London seem like a desert?! 3 days really!?!?

2- As I already said, I took the first 68F day to compare it to the Americans and so rounded up a 67.5F value or whatever it was. As a weather enthusiast you should know that it is important to measure in the same units when comparing climates
And I remember asking you to tell me the years of these rounded values recorded at Heathrow so I could look them up, since they conveniently looked exactly like the first/last 20, 25C etc dates for anywhere in the country. You didn't, and I knew you wouldn't/couldn't, because we both know perfectly well that what you were really quoting was from other sites.

I'll happily nitpick at any mistakes you make showing London to be cooler/wetter/duller than it actually is, but I haven't noticed any...

Old 11-29-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
North/south rivalry probably
Maybe he thinks you're entering his territory on the weather forum haha

Old 11-29-2014, 12:11 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,804,442 times
ööööööööh.. go ben86!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
And I remember asking you to tell me the years of these rounded values recorded at Heathrow so I could look them up, since they conveniently looked exactly like the first/last 20, 25C etc dates for anywhere in the country. You didn't, and I knew you wouldn't/couldn't, because we both know perfectly well that what you were really quoting was from other sites.

I'll happily nitpick at any mistakes you make showing London to be cooler/wetter/duller than it actually is, but I haven't noticed any...
But you just did? Apparently I was trying to make London seem duller than it is by saying this would be one of the dullest Novembers on record, which it will be by the way.

Hmm so you've sussed me out!

I am trying to make London seem like a hot, gloomy desert!

Also you will regularly find me countering Owen such as the times when he says London is an anomaly to the UK.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:48 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
Quote:
But you just did? Apparently I was trying to make London seem duller than it is by saying this would be one of the dullest Novembers on record, which it will be by the way.
Come on, I know you are clever enough to understand that saying a November with 40 or 50 hours (Did they ever put in those missing two days' worth of data which would add another seven hours, by the way? Would make a fair difference!) or whatever total you'll end up with will "almost definitely be the dullest November on record" implies that this is some really abnormal gloomy month the likes of which London would hardly ever expect to see.

Anyway, looked nice and sunny at Twickenham for the rugby this afternoon! I hope you had many more sun hours to add to the final total

Old 11-29-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Come on, I know you are clever enough to understand that saying a November with 40 or 50 hours (Did they ever put in those missing two days' worth of data which would add another seven hours, by the way? Would make a fair difference!) or whatever total you'll end up with will "almost definitely be the dullest November on record" implies that this is some really abnormal gloomy month the likes of which London would hardly ever expect to see.

Anyway, looked nice and sunny at Twickenham for the rugby this afternoon! I hope you had many more sun hours to add to the final total
OK right, of course...

Pretty sad that you'd think up a long story like that to make me saying 'it may be the dullest November on record' mean that I somehow think London is a place that gets 3,000 sunshine hours a year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather