Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wich climate do you prefer ?
Philadelphia 33 68.75%
Lille 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:59 PM

464 posts, read 451,627 times

Advertisements

Philly, a traditional four season climate, by far beats Lille. I couldn't stand living with so little sun in the summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 06:10 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
Both are horrendous.

But I'd go Lille for milder, much less humid summers, despite its awful sunshine hours.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:51 AM

2,672 posts, read 3,183,725 times
I think I will choose Philadelphia because it's warmer, sunnier and above all it has a summer, even I don't like its extremes.
Lille is gloomy, cool, it has no warmth, and it isn't even that mild in its record lows.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:28 AM

3,586 posts, read 4,973,576 times
Lille for having cooler summers.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,990,577 times
Of course Philadelphia! 4 season climate!

Old 12-23-2014, 03:53 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Lille stinks. Philly's pretty good, though not as perfect as somewhere further north, like Hartford(d).

Pretty much all of NW France has a British climate. At least Lille would be comparable to somewhere relatively nice like Ipswich. Poor Cherbourg is pretty similar to Belfast:
Cherbourg-Octeville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even when the rest of the country is baking, it struggles to get warmth, along with its sister city Brest. Lille is often much warmer then:
Rhone Valley is the best

About the contest, well, this is not even a contest at this point.

However Lille would be ok by UK standards. I agree Cherbourg is probably the worst in France for seasonal climate. Lille can see some snow and freezing rain and be hot every now and then (for a couple of days)

Old 04-09-2016, 06:16 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,745,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
Of course Philadelphia! 4 season climate!
Agree, it's a really good 4 season climate !

Old 04-09-2016, 06:42 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,680,097 times
Why is Philadelphia winning? Those summers are awful! You can't even go outside during the summer! Why are you saying that Lille doesn't have a summer? An average high of 23 °C is pleasant for doing outdoor activities. I don't think a sunny and calm day with a 25 °C (77 °F) high in Lille would feel that miserable. It would feel warm, I think. Comfortable T-Shirt weather? It's almost identical to London. I don't get why people want to suffer in the high heat, what's so good about that? Isn't being able to walk outside for as long as you want, a positive aspect of Lille's summers? I don't know what's so nice about feeling unpleasure. Human mind is weird, sometimes

Old 04-09-2016, 06:51 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,745,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Why is Philadelphia winning? Those summers are awful! You can't even go outside during the summer! Why are you saying that Lille doesn't have a summer? An average high of 23 °C is pleasant for doing outdoor activities. I don't think a sunny and calm day with a 25 °C (77 °F) high in Lille would feel that miserable. It would feel warm, I think. Comfortable T-Shirt weather? It's almost identical to London. I don't get why people want to suffer in the high heat, what's so good about that? Isn't being able to walk outside for as long as you want, a positive aspect of Lille's summers? I don't know what's so nice about feeling unpleasure. Human mind is weird, sometimes
Lille has not good summer, I live in this city and the weather can be pretty miserable during the summer with cool temperatures and grey sky because of the oceanic front.
Philadelphia at least get warm to hot days with sometimes convective thermal thunderstorms.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:02 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,680,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
In your opinion

Lille has gay crummers. My opinion only.

I did demolition and construction work in temps up to 45C and it didn't kill me. The other day I took a 6km round trip walk to the bottle shop in 32C heat. Didn't kill me. Infact, when doing heavy work like that, I will sweat the same whether it's 25C or 45C. I don't care. Might aswell be 45C.
"Gay" as in "happy"? I think you meant that, Lille's summers are really comfortable

Maybe 45 °C didn't kill you, but it's extremely dangerous, like a winter in Winnipeg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather