Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:14 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,813,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Seriously?
This will be a subjective thread, but these climates I believe are ether as bad or worse:
Oslo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reykjavík - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vancouver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hobart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wellington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Glasgow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And there's so much more, but can't be bothered to find them as it's 4 in the morning and seriously need sleepys! HAha
Why are Vancouver, Wellington and Hobart on this list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 12:15 AM

3,212 posts, read 3,173,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
I'm not a fan of humid, muggy weather. So from my point of view, every major city in Asia is worse. It's not like the winters in London are incredibly harsh.
At least in those tropical climates, you can enjoy the beach and the pool, a cold beer in the shade, and when it rains, its a brief, handsome warm rain with lotsa sun afterwards!

Why are tropical beach resorts such a popular vacation destination?

Old 12-28-2014, 12:19 AM

5,984 posts, read 3,454,887 times
Nope. IMO, for cities with more than 5 million people:

the Worst ones are Singapore and Jakarta.

the Best one is Harbin.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:22 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,676,644 times
London's one of the best climates ever!

I'll post really bad climates now.

North America:

Edmonton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (more than 1,000,000 and it occasionally gets around -35/-40)
Sacramento, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2,600,000 and it lacks rain in the summer)
Phoenix, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (4,400,000 and summers are too hot)
Antofagasta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (345,000 and no rain at all)
Athens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (3,700,000 and almost no rain in the summer)
Harbin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (more than 10,000,000 and winters are extremely cold and dry)
Walvis Bay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (85,000 and no rain)
Alexandria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (4,500,000 and no rain in the summer)
N'Djamena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (more than 1,000,000 and too hot year round)
Mecca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (1,600,000 and too hot year round)
Perth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (almost 2,000,000 and too little rain in the summer)

London's one of my favourite climates ever! How can you say it's a bad climate?

Old 12-28-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
London's one of the best climates ever!

I'll post really bad climates now.

North America:

Edmonton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (more than 1,000,000 and it occasionally gets below around -35/-40)
Sacramento, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2,600,000 and it lacks rain in the summer)
Phoenix, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (4,400,000 and summers are too hot)
Antofagasta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (345,000 and no rain at all)
Athens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (3,700,000 and almost no rain in the summer)
Harbin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (more than 10,000,000 and winters are extremely cold and dry)
Walvis Bay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (85,000 and no rain)
Alexandria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (4,500,000 and no rain in the summer)
N'Djamena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (more than 1,000,000 and too hot year round)
Mecca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (1,600,000 and too hot year round)
Perth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (almost 2,000,000 and too little rain in the summer)

London's one of my favourite climates ever! How can you say it's a bad climate?
A climate with no rain in the summer is boring for thunderstorm lovers but still enjoyable and pleasant if it's sunny and warm. A gloomy and chilly year round climate that lacks sun and warmth, especially in summer is a lot more of a damper on the mood.
I like warm rain, so I'd take warm rain over no rain in summer.
But if I have to pick between cold rain or no rain at all in summer, I'd still pick no rain because I like at least 3 months of guaranteed steady warm to hot temperatures.
Cold rain should be restricted to late fall, winter, and early spring.
But I can see how Phoenix and Mecca can be too hot to be desirable though.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
A climate with no rain in the summer is boring for thunderstorm lovers but still enjoyable and pleasant if it's sunny and warm. A gloomy and chilly year round climate that lacks sun and warmth, especially in summer is a lot more of a damper on the mood.
Think about it. In Sacramento there would be more danger of heatstroke than in London.
Conversely, in Moscow or Harbin there would be more danger of frostbite than in London.

London's climate is good for your health

Old 12-28-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Think about it. In Sacramento there would be more danger of heatstroke than in London.
Conversely, in Moscow or Harbin there would be more danger of frostbite than in London.

London's climate is good for your health
London's cold and gloomy winters could give me pneumonia though.

Sacramento heat is a piece of a cake for me because the nights are cool (dry low 90s day and upper 50s at night) but I would need that AC for heat waves.

Even Mecca and Phoenix would be manageable with AC. It takes a lot less work to go from an AC house to an AC car to an AC building.

In the extreme cold, you spend a lot of time shoveling snow, warming up your car with thick gloves on, and driving in the perilous snow and ice just to get form point A to point B.

In reality the healthiest climate in the world is probably a moderated tropical one like Hawaii.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:
London's cold and gloomy winters could give me pneumonia though.

Sacramento heat is a piece of a cake for me because the nights are cool (dry low 90s day and upper 50s at night) but I would need that AC for heat waves.

Even Mecca and Phoenix would be manageable with AC. It takes a lot less work to go from an AC house to an AC car to an AC building.

In the extreme cold, you spend a lot of time shoveling snow, warming up your car with thick gloves on, and driving in the perilous snow and ice just to get form point A to point B.

In reality the healthiest climate in the world is probably a moderated tropical one like Hawaii.
Hawaii = Heatstroke and sunburns. Not healthy

I think the best climates are London, Wellington, Puerto Montt and Vancouver. But of course, everyone has their tastes. You (probably) like very hot climates, I like very mild climates, everyone has their own

Old 12-28-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Hawaii = Heatstroke and sunburns. Not healthy

I think the best climates are London, Wellington, Puerto Montt and Vancouver. But of course, everyone has their tastes. You (probably) like very hot climates, I like very mild climates, everyone has their own
Hawaii is a lot more moderated in summer than most tropical climates. Heatstroke and sunburn are a lot more likely in L.A on a hot summer day.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Hawaii is a lot more moderated in summer than most tropical climates. Heatstroke and sunburn are a lot more likely in L.A on a hot summer day.
The latitude of Hawaii is what causes the sunburn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather