Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 09:35 AM

29,533 posts, read 19,620,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Temperature-wise, London's winter is basically like an extended version of some shoulder months in Chicago, but cloudier.
It is the same case for their summers which somewhat resemble our May or September averages in terms of temps but are still cloudier than us.

My nearest NWS Station:

May 22.6C/9.7C
Sept 25.4C/11.7C

Quote:
Cold weather haters would dislike both, but they'd hate Chicago a lot more.
True

Quote:
The reverse is true for heat lovers during summer.
Our summers aren't hot. By American standars they are just warm. Most of the US has hotter summers than we do (because we are on the northern tier of the country). This is why most Americans would find summers in London or northern Europe in general to be quite chilly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 09:40 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Remember something, your hated Mid-Atlantic USA climates are all "C" climates by Koppen, including where I live lol. Jan mean 33F so we just make it.
Some C climates are good though, like Atlanta or Jacksonville. New York, DC and Philly are too cold in the winter for me.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:19 AM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
No. Many big cities have much much worse climates. I detest continental climates like Chicago with freezing cold winters & hot humid summers, that is one of the lousiest climates full stop...

Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Chicago's winters are quite horrible, but it has good summers. I think my climate is my absolute limit for cold, I couldn't see myself living somewhere noticeably colder in the winter.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Chicago's winters are quite horrible, but it has good summers. I think my climate is my absolute limit for cold, I couldn't see myself living somewhere noticeably colder in the winter.
It's the fact it goes from one extreme to the other, by the time you get adjusted to the heat it turns freezing cold again & vice versa. That's why I prefer climates that are more stable either warmer year round or cooler...

Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
No. Many big cities have much much worse climates. I detest continental climates like Chicago with freezing cold winters & hot humid summers, that is one of the lousiest climates full stop...

Freezing cold winters yes, but I would not consider their summer hot and humid. Avg high/low in July of 28.9/17.7C is warm imo. Places further south are hot and humid in summer.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:01 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Our summers aren't hot. By American standars they are just warm. Most of the US has hotter summers than we do (because we are on the northern tier of the country). This is why most Americans would find summers in London or northern Europe in general to be quite chilly
Both cities are humid, so often feel warmer than they are. I've seen people from Phoenix on this forum say that they struggle to deal with the warmest summer days in places such as Chicago.

Although it would definitely feel cool compared to sticky places such as Texas.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:04 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
It's the fact it goes from one extreme to the other, by the time you get adjusted to the heat it turns freezing cold again & vice versa. That's why I prefer climates that are more stable either warmer year round or cooler...
Lol. You don't get adjusted in a 4-month period? It's like saying that you cannot take the change in daylight just looking at the solstices.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:05 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
I'd like to be able to voice my opinion without being called a troll.
Oh, you were being serious...

Okay

Old 03-23-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Freezing cold winters yes, but I would not consider their summer hot and humid. Avg high/low in July of 28.9/17.7C is warm imo. Places further south are hot and humid in summer.
It's cooler than here, but I would still consider it hot. It's mainly the huge difference between winter & summer temperatures I dislike...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather